+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Anyone hear what Sterling Sharp said on NFL network?

Him and Tory Holt were talking about pro bowl snubs Cruz and Jordy Nelson. When asked about Cruz, Sterling said "whenever he hears the name Victor Cruz, he thinks of a 6'2'' Mexican playing the guitar " What a ignorant piece of crap he is. This is not only borderline racist, but extremely disrespectful to any professional athlete who has worked hard to get to the NFL. Cruz is half Puerto Rican and half African American. I hope he unacceptable(sharpe ) gets serious backlash for this one. And to add insult to injury, the blonde anchor, forgot her name, is laughing hysterically on the air in the back ground. This may not only be a big deal to most of you, however if anyone says anythig within the lines towards African Americans or any other race that is sensitive to these kind of remarks (anything said about any race is unacceptable) Im sure the sky would fall.

Re: Anyone hear what Sterling Sharp said on NFL network?

Wow what a d**chebag. I've always liked Sharpe too, that's disappointing. You'd think he'd show some respect to someone who plays his former position.

Yeah ignorant and stupid

Ignorant remark.

Maybe he's jealous of his TD celebration

Veteran

Kinda expected coming from a guy who looks like his face never stopped growing.... especially his mouth

Sharpe picked the Jets last week because he felt the Giants needed the game more than the Jets, and teams that need to win more than the other team don't perform as well.

Tells you all you need to know about this guy.

[quote user="mfraykor"]Kinda expected coming from a guy who looks like his face never stopped growing.... especially his mouth[/quote]

I believe you're thinking of Shannon Sharpe
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

[quote user="Ruttiger711"][quote user="mfraykor"]Kinda expected coming from a guy who looks like his face never stopped growing.... especially his mouth[/quote]

[/quote]
    no i think he meant sterling

[quote user="Ruttiger711"][quote user="mfraykor"]Kinda expected coming from a guy who looks like his face never stopped growing.... especially his mouth[/quote]

[/quote]
    no i think he meant sterling

Starter

Not really defending him, but Sterling's remark didn't come off that way to me. The name Victor Cruz is a little odd, almost an oxymoron, kinda like Jamal Rothstein or Rosalina Johnson. You don't expect those two names together. And when you think of a football player, it sounds funny, and if you said the name VC without knowing who he was, you wouldn't think football WR. You'd think of a really smart latino

Not complaining. Just saying...

Recently a player named Rock Cartwright played for the Redskins. Now THAT's an old school football player name. That's the context of which I think Sterling was referring to.

And to his defense, Sterling has said positive things about VC.

Not for nothing, but I don't think we'd be talking about it if Sterling had said this about a player not playing for the Giants.