+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Reach...

Not that it matters because it is his job now...but he didn't seem that excited to be a Giant. I got the opposite impression. Big Blue was probably the last place he wanted to go.

Doesn't matter now. Get to work Pugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Not likely. Think there may only be two guys left who are possible starters.
    Interesting. Obviously I dont follow too much college ball and i'm not really familiar with the players so i dont make assumptions like other ppl are.

in all honesty, this Pugh kid looks legit in the highlights but then again as someone that does not know too much about players i would figure we could have had someone of this guy's caliber in the 2nd. considering what was available at 19.

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ok. from pick 20-32, who is this cant miss prospect JR shoulda taken? BC, seems to me, 24 teams iirc passed on floyd. like 30 teams passed on ogeltree. every other pick is min as "questionable" as our pick...did u guys see who dallas picked up?
    hahaha one of my co-workers is a Cow fan... he is pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    in all honesty, this Pugh kid looks legit in the highlights but then again as someone that does not know too much about players i would figure we could have had someone of this guy's caliber in the 2nd. considering what was available at 19.
    In a normal first round he probably would have lasted till the 2nd. But this was not a normal draft.

You had three OL as the first four picks, two guards in the top ten. Thats never happened before. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    I know a lot of people are super angry about the Pugh pick. The only thing that irritates me the most is the fact that he blatantly stated he wanted to play for the Eagles. I mean come on bro...

with that behind us... we now need to draft a LB, DE or S.

Do you think we will pick someone we like or will Jerry Reach do his thing once again and surprise all of us by picking a random?
    It was a reach, but I think the image of seeing Eli getting bounced around out there next year made them pull the trigger early!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    It was a reach, but I think the image of seeing Eli getting bounced around out there next year made them pull the trigger early!
    Lol, I can picture his face when he gets sacked...

from the highlights that i watched it seems Pugh gives his QB enough time to throw. Eli with a lot of time to throw = touchdowns ( or atleast good games)

Its not like he is going to throw the game when we play the Eagles lol. He known to be a hard worker, football smart, and has a mean streak. I am game now for round 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli2Shockey4aTD View Post
    Its not like he is going to throw the game when we play the Eagles lol. He known to be a hard worker, football smart, and has a mean streak. I am game now for round 2.
    eh, hopefully our 2nd round isnt a head scratcher...

Veteran
    Jerry Reach??? haha

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    ok. from pick 20-32, who is this cant miss prospect JR shoulda taken? BC, seems to me, 24 teams iirc passed on floyd. like 30 teams passed on ogeltree. every other pick is min as "questionable" as our pick...did u guys see who dallas picked up?
    I'm ok passing on Floyd. I would have liked Trufant. Rhodes is a beast in man to man but I ithink with all the new option offense, a zone CB is better. I'm ok with Pugh