+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This is what bugs me most about the dissection of the selection of Justin Pugh ... while I agree that there was a chance that he might have been available in the second round, who would you have gotten in place of him if he wasn't?

Winters, Armstead, Bahkthiari and Watson either do not play on remotely the same level as Pugh, or are multi-year projects (Watson).

People really need to stop throwing that around so carelessly because if you truly believe that, you can say that about any of the first round picks (and in most cases, you'd be closer to being correct).

Having said all that I'd love to see us draft one of the following in the second round:

1) Arthur Brown (LB)
    2) Tank Carradine (LB) (*EDIT* - scratch Tank for recovery issue)
    3) Alex Okafor
    4) Damontre Moore
    5) Sio Moore
    Dallas Thomas Tennessee, He actually went against top tier lineman
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    This is what bugs me most about the dissection of the selection of Justin Pugh ... while I agree that there was a chance that he might have been available in the second round, who would you have gotten in place of him if he wasn't?

Winters, Armstead, Bahkthiari and Watson either do not play on remotely the same level as Pugh, or are multi-year projects (Watson).

People really need to stop throwing that around so carelessly because if you truly believe that, you can say that about any of the first round picks (and in most cases, you'd be closer to being correct).

Having said all that I'd love to see us draft one of the following in the second round:

1) Arthur Brown (LB)
    2) Tank Carradine (LB) (*EDIT* - scratch Tank for recovery issue)
    3) Alex Okafor
    4) Damontre Moore
    5) Sio Moore
    Wasn't it Mayock who said that there was really only 20 true first-round talents in this year's draft? Yes Floyd and Werner were still on the board. Don't know why we didn't take Werner, but I think Reese passed on Floyd and X-man for the simple reason that we have so many people in those positions, and while Floyd and X-man were indeed first-rounders, they weren't that kind of ridiculous JPP athleticism.

All that said, Pugh still feels like a need pick, but one i'd be happy with...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Id love Sio or Arthur Brown. Would not be upset if they went corner and took Wreh Wilson or Slay either. And I would be ok with Lemonier.
    That's cool, sticking to your guns 'til the last moment.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Any of Jamar Taylor, Jonathan Banks, Arthur Brown or Sio Moore. I'm not saying Carradine cause I seriously doubt he makes it to them.

Veteran
    Tank won't fall to 49 despite having a torn ACL

There is honestly so many solid players left I'd be happy with a lot of people

While there isn't any "superstars" in this draft, it's so deep IMO

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Tuck Rule View Post
    Arthur Brown or Jonathan Cyprien

Lets face it. While OL is a position of need, there were players on the board who would have addressed another need and been a better value. Giants could have most likely gotten this kid in Rd 2 or someone of equal value.
    What makes you think round 2 won't be OL too? This seasons plan might be just give Eli max protection and just try to outgun opponents....just sayin

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Dallas Thomas Tennessee, He actually went against top tier lineman
    That's who I was hoping for as well.
    2014 MOCK DRAFT:
    1. CJ Mosley (Alabama, LB)
    2. Odell Beckham Sr. (LSU, WR)
    3. Tre Mason (Auburn, RB)
    4. Anthony Steen (Alabama, OG)

I am hoping for Arthur Brown or one of the CBs.