+ Reply to Thread

I Hope Im Not Trying To Jinx But

Giants hot topic: Does this season remind you of 2007?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._this_sea.html

New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Re: I Hope Im Not Trying To Jinx But

I like the similarities, but I can't see it. Too much of a coincidence, but it is possible.

Nah, that 2007 team didn't have any major injuries except for Shockey. And the D was pretty solid the whole year after the 1st two games of the season. This year's D has been terrible for the most part. Plus, we haven't had much of a running game this year.

We took care of business in '07 during he regular season and clinched a playoff spot in week 15 before facing the Pats in week 16.

[quote user="Antwuan"]Giants hot topic: Does this season remind you of 2007?

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2..._this_sea.html[/quote]

Reminds me more of last season when we needed to beat the eguls & then the pack.

this year we needed to be Jets now we need to beat the girls.

[quote user="JJC7301"]

Nah, that 2007 team didn't have any major injuries except for Shockey.* And the D was pretty solid the whole year after the 1st two games of the season.* This year's D has been terrible for the most part.* Plus, we haven't had much of a running game this year.

We took care of business in '07 during he regular season and clinched a playoff spot in week 15 before facing the Pats in week 16.

[/quote]

No major injuries except for Shockey.

And except for Kiwi.

And except for D Ward

And except for O'Hara (first playoff game).

We also finished the season with 53 sacks (#1 in the league), whereas we have 42 sacks thru 15 games right now (#5 in the league).

We had 15 int that year, we have 19 int thru 15 games this year.

We had 10 fumbles recovered then, we have 10 recovered thru 15 games now.

In 2007---

We lost, in December, to an inferior Redskins team, with Eli playing not-so-hot.

We played the Patriots toe-to-toe in the last game, only to lose at the end (but with some much-needed confidence building along the way).

We finished the season with a hard-fought loss to the best team in the NFL, and a 10-6 record.

This season--

We lost to an inferior Redskins team in December, with Eli playing not-so-hot.

We played the Pack toe-to-toe, only to lose to the best team in the league by 3 in the last 2 seconds.

IF we do win Sunday night, we will have (no doubt) finished the season with a hard-fought game, and a 9-7 record.

The same as 07? No.

Some similarities to 07? Definitely--IF we beat Dallas Sunday night and get in. To. The. Playoffs.