Thread: Giants Draft Film Thread

Damontre Moore cont......

vs FLorida 2012

vs Nwestern 2011 3-4 LB

vs KSU 2011 3-4 LB

Redeye your the man! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DarceChoke View Post
    Redeye your the man! Thanks
    No problem i wish more people were paying attention to this there are a lot of games up

Thanks for all the effort you put into this thread. I will definitely be checking it out but not until my next day off this Tuesday. Thanks again.

Do you have any personal opinions of these players?

Quote Originally Posted by AGiantDynasty View Post
    Thanks for all the effort you put into this thread. I will definitely be checking it out but not until my next day off this Tuesday. Thanks again.

Do you have any personal opinions of these players?
    Moore was my highest ranked of all these guys in fact Pugh was the lowest. Moore is a player Im very familiar with been watching him closely since his freshman year. I thought he was grossly underrated heading into the season then became grossly overrated and then became just underrated. He has really been all over the place this season. In July I didnt see any mocks or Top 100's with him and then all of a sudden Kiper has him #2 in the draft. Then he has a bad combine and then everyone starts dropping him.
    Moores tape is good. Pretty versatile player. Has experience playing multiple positions in multiple fronts. Played as a 3-4 LB in 2010 and 2011. Moore is good in many areas just not spectacular in any which along with some character concerns are why he didnt go in the Top 45 picks.Moore works well dipping inside rushing in the B gaps. So Slip might be right saying he has potential as the Nickel DT. Why u wouldnt want Moore playing in coverage often he is definitely capable of some short drops which could be useful for zone blitzing. Moore fits into the Giants opportunistic Defense forcing a number of fumbles while at A&M. Moore has played the majority of his snaps on the Left Side and I think thats where he will stick.

Justin Pugh I had ranked #61 overall so I wasnt crazy about this pick at 1st but after the Giants got Moore and Hankins where Pugh was drafted doesnt bother me as much as we ended up with 3 potential starters. Pugh has good tape but he really didnt face elite competition and struggled at times with elite players in the Senior Bowl. I preferred Miami Dolphins selection Dallas Thomas to Pugh who I thought had similar tape and played in the SEC.I can pop in games with Dallas Thomas facing elite edge rushers stymieing them at Guard and Tackle which is a comforting when trying to project players.While I thought talent wise the Giants were reaching the draft dictated it wasnt and its likely the Giants were not going to be able to land him later.

On tape they got a fluid athlete with the ability to mirror edge rushers with a very good kick slide. Pugh does a good job as a move blocker which bodes well for the Giants if they are going to use him at LG. My biggest worry with Pugh stems from his smaller build and short arms. Pugh has had issues with compact powerful ends and moving him inside to guard where even bigger more powerful interior players are located could give him problems.

Good analysis redeye, and u know i check this stuff out, and have thanked u many times for ur efforts...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Good analysis redeye, and u know i check this stuff out, and have thanked u many times for ur efforts...
    i know, U probably watched them all already

Just put this up very good performance. Still hoping to get my hands on the 2011 WV game for Bruce Irvin

vs USC 2011 Nick Perry full cut so its him an NAssib

Hey Red, do you think Moore rushes better with his hand in the dirt or standing up? And I agree with Pugh, I think he could be to weak to move him inside, I saw him get pushed around a bit on tape by the bigger ends. I do think he can hold up at Right Tackle though so I'm quite pleased with the pick. Do you think Hankins has as much upside as Joseph did?

One thing I noticed about Hankins...two actually...is that he was double teamed most of the time, but he sometimes looked like he gave up at the point of contact and was content to look like he was fighting back.

I like the Oklahoma game for Moore. The first big thing Moore did was get an offsides penalty. I noticed that he has good anticipation and seems to read a play pretty decent. When he saw a pass he immediately went from a pass rush with his head down to trying to knock the ball down. Seems like a pretty good awareness.

+ Reply to Thread