+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Giants Draft Film Thread

Thanks Redeye! some good videos. Just got around to looking at a few.
    "Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Redeye I just noticed this thread. Thanks for the videos man there is a ton of film of the first three players! I love it

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Thanks a lot Red ! Great job as always !
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Redeye I just noticed this thread. Thanks for the videos man there is a ton of film of the first three players! I love it
    I have a bunch of Nassib 2 just didnt put it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I have a bunch of Nassib 2 just didnt put it up.
    Do you know if there are on videos on draftbreakdown.com that would have any film on Cox or Cooper Taylor? I have been looking for some film. I have seen some of the film of Cox but none of his good games are on youtube. I can only find stuff of Cooper Taylor at GT really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szoF9vlKgKs Here is one video on Richmond. Cooper Taylor is number one. He almost has a sack but gets one later strips a guy for a fumble and has an INT in the game.

Regarding Hankins ... one of the really impressive things (for me) about him is his ability to totally shut down zone run schemes to his side. He's going to be a great run stuffer in the middle and has the added upside of collapsing the pocket when singled.

I think the Michigan game was the most telling for me where he was doubled most of the game and was still a presence (and hustling) at the end of the game. I wasn't crazy about the pick but I have no doubt he'll be a contributing factor in 2013 if they can maintain his conditioning.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Damontre Moore ... I understand why the Giants picked him (and is the reason I had him on several Giants mocks) and I think they got value by waiting until the third round for him (I didn't think he was a first round value even though he was rated as such). He has burst and is a continually disrupting presence on the defensive line.

However, he is poor against the run, bordering on liability. The fact that he got badly beaten so many times by the option play (Florida game especially) scares me with the Eagles and Redskins in our division. He's not as sure a tackler as I'd like to see in our DEs. Accordingly, he's a bit undersized for the position and probably why a lot of people viewed him as a pure 3-4 OLB. My fear here is that the Giants have him put on 20 lbs (ala JPP his first year) and he loses his burst, which would totally negate his upside. His inability to set the edge will really make him a liability on the left side so I'd think they would have him play the right (or joker or on Nickel packages) and move JPP to the left (as the Giants said they were thinking of doing).

As a third round pick, we got value for Moore, however I don't expect him to be the playmaker we're looking for opposite JPP. I think he ends up being a platoon guy in a strong front four.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

One thing that I noticed in the 2 games that I watched of Hankins he played a pretty good amount of DE in 3 and 4 man fronts which was quite a surprise to me. I like his ability to stop the rushing attack very well. He also hustles well to the sidelines on tosses and screen passes. I think that he will be a very good addition to the team. He will not have as many reps as he did at Ohio St so fatigue should not be an issue. That was really the only knock the "experts" had on him and I think he could help the LB core out very well because there will be more of a run stuffer in the middle which always helps out LB's.

I think Moore will have a decent year this year maybe 5 sacks or so... I think he needs to work on his run defense to make a really nice impact for us. I think that he kind of has a problem that I always saw with Osi. He usually goes to the outside when he is rushing the passer and gets too used to lining up too far outside and he an be a bit of a liability in the running game.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Do you know if there are on videos on draftbreakdown.com that would have any film on Cox or Cooper Taylor? I have been looking for some film. I have seen some of the film of Cox but none of his good games are on youtube. I can only find stuff of Cooper Taylor at GT really.
    No we dont have any

+ Reply to Thread