+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Giants Draft Film Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No we dont have any
    Its crazy that there is pretty much little to no footage on these guys! I mean no offense to you or draftbreakdown.com I would not expect you guys to cut film for late rounders/UDFA players. Yourself and the site have a good selection of film and I really like visiting the site to view the videos and did many times pre draft and have done so post draft as well. I mean there are highlights of total no names on youtube and at least Cooper Taylor is a pretty solid prospect compared to some of the film I can find of some randoms. Michael Cox is more understandable but almost equally as frustrating because he is the only skill offensive player we drafted and I enjoy watching highlights/games of skill players we draft on offense.

The only games I can find on youtube of "Mike Cox" haha still gets me... is some of his worst overall games and they are highlights that feature maybe one or two plays of him out of 5 minutes of video. I really wanted to see the Miami Oh game of him where he had like 180 yards rushing and 2 TD's but I cannot locate it. Cooper Taylor is just as hard to find quality film on because most of Richmonds highlights are offensive which is understandable unless it is a big defensive play.. I wish there was a site for the Giants that would a legit amount of film for the players they select. **** I would do it if I knew how to cut and place clips if I had full games to work with haha.

S/O to Flip Empty for the sig

Quote Originally Posted by NYGfanSTRICK View Post
    Its crazy that there is pretty much little to no footage on these guys! I mean no offense to you or draftbreakdown.com I would not expect you guys to cut film for late rounders/UDFA players. Yourself and the site have a good selection of film and I really like visiting the site to view the videos and did many times pre draft and have done so post draft as well. I mean there are highlights of total no names on youtube and at least Cooper Taylor is a pretty solid prospect compared to some of the film I can find of some randoms. Michael Cox is more understandable but almost equally as frustrating because he is the only skill offensive player we drafted and I enjoy watching highlights/games of skill players we draft on offense.

The only games I can find on youtube of "Mike Cox" haha still gets me... is some of his worst overall games and they are highlights that feature maybe one or two plays of him out of 5 minutes of video. I really wanted to see the Miami Oh game of him where he had like 180 yards rushing and 2 TD's but I cannot locate it. Cooper Taylor is just as hard to find quality film on because most of Richmonds highlights are offensive which is understandable unless it is a big defensive play.. I wish there was a site for the Giants that would a legit amount of film for the players they select. **** I would do it if I knew how to cut and place clips if I had full games to work with haha.
    We have a lot of videos but there is only so much we can do and get are hands on. Agents dont want to give us full games because we will put negative plays on the videos

I can do Mike Cox vs Michigan 18 carries 76 yards

Last year I was excited to put in time cutting more videos of Wilson,Hosley,Randle this class just isnt doing it for me

Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    One thing I noticed about Hankins...two actually...is that he was double teamed most of the time, but he sometimes looked like he gave up at the point of contact and was content to look like he was fighting back.

I like the Oklahoma game for Moore. The first big thing Moore did was get an offsides penalty. I noticed that he has good anticipation and seems to read a play pretty decent. When he saw a pass he immediately went from a pass rush with his head down to trying to knock the ball down. Seems like a pretty good awareness.
    Yes, he has really fast reaction time and is pretty athletic. Osi had the same anticipation most of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by blu_buddha View Post
    Yes, he has really fast reaction time and is pretty athletic. Osi had the same anticipation most of his career.
    I think, comparison wise, Osi may be the former defensive end he is most like. Build wise and everything. I would be interested to know what the knocks on Osi were coming out. Hell, maybe it is the A&M red and the Troy red that are clouding my vision but physically they look about the same.

Osi Scouting report

Positives…Developing talent with good linear speed…Has sudden quickness off the snap and the moves to easily gain leverage over the blockers...Efficient getting into the back-field off the edge...Relentless chaser who moves through traffic with determination...Rolls his hips properly and stays on his feet when engaging blockers at the point of attack… Gets his hands up quickly in the blocker’s face to jolt back his opponent on the surge... Excels at penetrating the line of scrimmage to collapse the pocket...Lowers his head and extends his arms as he goes low to take the quarterback off his feet.

Negatives…Not a self-motivated player, looking confused and lethargic, at times…Relies mostly on speed and power rather than techniques, which causes him to get dominated by the more technical blockers…Tries to get “too cute” with blockers with his speed moves, but gets frustrated when his initial strike doesn’t work, getting his mind-set out of the game when that happens...Has problems disengaging from blockers when ridden upright off the snap...Lacks recognition skills for the physical in-line run defense...Will bite on fakes and is fooled by the blocker’s hand punches...His inability to maintain position vs the run could limit him to just situational duties at the pro level

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Osi Scouting report

Positives…Developing talent with good linear speed…Has sudden quickness off the snap and the moves to easily gain leverage over the blockers...Efficient getting into the back-field off the edge...Relentless chaser who moves through traffic with determination...Rolls his hips properly and stays on his feet when engaging blockers at the point of attack… Gets his hands up quickly in the blocker’s face to jolt back his opponent on the surge... Excels at penetrating the line of scrimmage to collapse the pocket...Lowers his head and extends his arms as he goes low to take the quarterback off his feet.

Negatives…Not a self-motivated player, looking confused and lethargic, at times…Relies mostly on speed and power rather than techniques, which causes him to get dominated by the more technical blockers…Tries to get “too cute” with blockers with his speed moves, but gets frustrated when his initial strike doesn’t work, getting his mind-set out of the game when that happens...Has problems disengaging from blockers when ridden upright off the snap...Lacks recognition skills for the physical in-line run defense...Will bite on fakes and is fooled by the blocker’s hand punches...His inability to maintain position vs the run could limit him to just situational duties at the pro level
    Thanks! Kind of funny he came out like gang busters when he played but regressed to his weaknesses later on in his career.

+ Reply to Thread