+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: The BEST thing about picking Pugh at #19..............

  1. #11
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,077
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    lol were you able to sleep last night?

    I was just in disbelief the whole night.
    Bro, it's much worst than that. I was watching this draft with my buddy who's a Cowboys fan, and we saw Mayock's draft before it started and he had us taking Pugh and my buddy was laughing at me so bad because none of us even heard of the guy. I told my buddy who cares if Mayock said that and we laughed at his pick. The entire night was filled with Pugh jokes and my buddy kept saying "man, if you guys actually take him I'm going to ####".

    When we actually took him not only was I about to slice my trachea, but my buddy was laughing so hard at me he had tears running down his face. Thank God they took a center and I got to return the favor.

    Worst draft night of my life hands down, so far.

  2. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,398
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Bro, it's much worst than that. I was watching this draft with my buddy who's a Cowboys fan, and we saw Mayock's draft before it started and he had us taking Pugh and my buddy was laughing at me so bad because none of us even heard of the guy. I told my buddy who cares if Mayock said that and we laughed at his pick. The entire night was filled with Pugh jokes and my buddy kept saying "man, if you guys actually take him I'm going to ####".

    When we actually took him not only was I about to slice my trachea, but my buddy was laughing so hard at me he had tears running down his face. Thank God they took a center and I got to return the favor.

    Worst draft night of my life hands down, so far.
    You admit that you know nothing about the guy and then you rip the pick? The people getting paid to make the picks ACTUALLY KNOW something about the players they select! smh

  3. #13
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,077
    Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    You admit that you know nothing about the guy and then you rip the pick? The people getting paid to make the picks ACTUALLY KNOW something about the players they select! smh
    That's what I started telling myself to rationalize it, but I'd like to think I've heard of the best prospects at each position.

    Sure, there are Tom Brady's out there who aren't rated high and end up being superstars.....and they go in the 6th round!!! That's why I'm upset, because we could have gotten this guy or someone else later. This is NOT the 19th best player in this draft by ANY stretch of the imagination.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    Not one ****ing Cruz thread on the front page.
    Mods must be back, mine disappeared!
    Giants fan since '58

  5. #15
    The best thing about this pick...his name can be used for a lot of puns in the future.

    In all seriousness, I wanted Ogletree because our linebackers suck and he was supposed to be an absolute freak. Outside of him, a safety would have beenice, but there is a lot of depth in the later rounds for safeties.

    We basically drafted Chris Snee 2.0 it seems. No one would be complaining if this was a second round pick and everyone would rave "he would have gone in the first round if it wasn't for his arm length!"

    Frankly, I knew nothing about his arm length until they drafted him and Mel Kiper said something, and I doubt most on this board did either.

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Strahan7292 View Post
    I think people were a lil harsh on the pick.. I think hell end up being a reliable and versatile OL.. not a star but definitely a starter
    The only rationale i have what he was a bit of technician and moved so fluidly held them in check once he got a hold of them. Also we lost Sean Locklear last year to injury, Diehl went down for a short period as well. Could always use 1st round talent depth behind Beatty(had that eye surgery and back issues) and Diehl who sucks

  7. #17
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,334
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    The BEST thing about picking Pugh at #19 is that I won't need an update from the project offensive lineman report from JP because he's ready to go RIGHT NOW!
    Amen to that, bro.

    Enough with the conversion projects....this kid will be on the field very soon.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  8. #18
    All-Pro FBomb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    27,960
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Bro, it's much worst than that. I was watching this draft with my buddy who's a Cowboys fan, and we saw Mayock's draft before it started and he had us taking Pugh and my buddy was laughing at me so bad because none of us even heard of the guy. I told my buddy who cares if Mayock said that and we laughed at his pick. The entire night was filled with Pugh jokes and my buddy kept saying "man, if you guys actually take him I'm going to ####".

    When we actually took him not only was I about to slice my trachea, but my buddy was laughing so hard at me he had tears running down his face. Thank God they took a center and I got to return the favor.

    Worst draft night of my life hands down, so far.

    Well....you can relax because you're wrong to be so upset over this. It's a good pick and he will help our running game which needs a lot of help. NOt a sexy pick but a good one.

    And, the first time I let a Cowboys fan dictate MY opinion of ANYTHING....I will quit watching football.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “**** waffles.”......G Carlin

  9. #19
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,669
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Bro, it's much worst than that. I was watching this draft with my buddy who's a Cowboys fan, and we saw Mayock's draft before it started and he had us taking Pugh and my buddy was laughing at me so bad because none of us even heard of the guy. I told my buddy who cares if Mayock said that and we laughed at his pick. The entire night was filled with Pugh jokes and my buddy kept saying "man, if you guys actually take him I'm going to ####".

    When we actually took him not only was I about to slice my trachea, but my buddy was laughing so hard at me he had tears running down his face. Thank God they took a center and I got to return the favor.

    Worst draft night of my life hands down, so far.
    Dallas wanted Pugh, themselves. They just thought he was going to last until the end of the round.

  10. #20
    All-Pro Drez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13,669
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    That's what I started telling myself to rationalize it, but I'd like to think I've heard of the best prospects at each position.

    Sure, there are Tom Brady's out there who aren't rated high and end up being superstars.....and they go in the 6th round!!! That's why I'm upset, because we could have gotten this guy or someone else later. This is NOT the 19th best player in this draft by ANY stretch of the imagination.
    Mayock had him rated like 22nd or so. He probably wouldn't have lasted past Chicago and definitely not past Dallas. There is zero chance this kid would have made it to our pick in the second. Zero.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts