Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Nothing has changed in my eyes

yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros

All-Pro

[quote user="derekunion28"]*yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros[/quote]

How can you say that? Ross, Phillips as our last #1 picks under Reese all came in and contributed.

[quote user="derekunion28"]yes agree all thos guys havent played a down butt the % of guys that walk in after college and play and contribute is slim to none if you count the numbers with guys coming outa college and guys that play that next year in pros[/quote]

Just not true about #1 draft picks. Of course it happens, but slim to none is such an overstatment of facts. WR is a position that players struggle to make the transition, but plenty of players drafted day 1 make a significnat impact right away. You don't have to be a probowler to make an impact.

again u talking defense i should what i was mostly talking about was wrs and offense

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs, and guys coming in after college. not defense

All-Pro

[quote user="derekunion28"]i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs*, and guys coming in after college. not defense[/quote]

So Boss and Smith had NOTHING to do with us winning the SB?

Veteran

[quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

Ok.......first of all........it was the draft. Meaning EVERY player drafted by every teamhasn't played a "pro down". Rookies contribute all the time........sometimes they even help win Superbowls. (see Steve Smith). I don't know if this crop of rookies will, but that's why I'm not being paid to make these decisions. The smartest thing you've said in this post (though quite badly)is "i em no pro coach scoutor analyst". Try and remember that before making blanket statements. You don't know anything.

[/quote]wow your so cool

All-Pro

[quote user="derekunion28"]i was aiming at all the talk about offense ,wrs*, and guys coming in after college. not defense[/quote]

Look at last years draft in the first round. EVERY offensive skill position had an immediate impact on their team.

[quote user="knobhead"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]wow your so cool[/quote]

And I bet the other 4th graders think your hysterical.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin