Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Re: Nothing has changed in my eyes

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="FBomb"]

[quote user="DavenIII"]mostly agree with the OP.

Rookies rarely contribute much their first years in the NFL, yeah I know we had a couple good years there in a row where they did, it is impossible for that to ALWAYS happen, I think it's unlikely that any of our draft picks this year will contribute a significant amount "This" year.

I hope I'm wrong though, because we need someone to step into the #1 WR spot ASAP.
    [/quote]

Sorry Bro, but rookies contribute all the time. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.

[/quote]

Lawl already got this for me, but Rookie WR's in particular don't.

especially not as a #1 type WR, occasionally one jumps into the Slot and has a decent year, but it is incredibly rare for a rookie WR to step up and be a #1.

and IMHO Hixon is not a #1, and noone else is even close to it on our team.
    [/quote]

Totally agree. Hixon is NOT a #1, and no one we have is. I was on the Edwards train since it left the station, but I'm not so egotistical to think I know better than JR. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. So I will wait and see and NOT throw out blanket statements regarding our draft picks.

[/quote]

Question is, will any of the current receivers be #1s in the next few years? I say yes. Who says they need to be stars this year? I think the Giants have enough to win now, but they are a young team and should be building for the future, not signing a WR with a history of drops to a 10 million/year deal that will limit them in the future.

[/quote]

Based on last year, I disagree that we have what it takes already. Maybe on defense, but we lack a #1. But, instead of writing this year off, I'm hoping Nicks can step in, but I just don't know.

[/quote]

I think it will be interesting to see. As has been said before on this board, it is very different ot lose a star player mid season, than to be prepared for life without him going into the next year. I don't think it is impossibel for the Giant's to win with what they have. Are they the clear favorite, no. With an unquestioned #1 WR, I think they would have to be. There's a chance one of the young fellas steps up to fill the role, but more likely the Giant's will need to find another way to win next year. I don't think the last several games accurately represent what will happen this year.

[quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone* else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.**I think we have potential* in future years, butt* as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people are*getting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote]

"Not one rookie has played a pro down"

Yeah i wish JR wasn't so stupid and he drafted the rookies that have played pro downs....

[quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="FBomb"]

Rookies rarely contribute much their first years in the NFL, yeah I know we had a couple good years there in a row where they did, it is impossible for that to ALWAYS happen, I think it's unlikely that any of our draft picks this year will contribute a significant amount "This" year.

I hope I'm wrong though, because we need someone to step into the #1 WR spot ASAP.
    [/quote]

Sorry Bro, but rookies contribute all the time. Making a blanket statement that THESE picks won't contribute is very short sighted. Adopting a wait and see attitude makes more sense. Reese certainly has earned the benefit of the doubt.

[/quote]

especially not as a #1 type WR, occasionally one jumps into the Slot and has a decent year, but it is incredibly rare for a rookie WR to step up and be a #1.

[/quote]

Totally agree. Hixon is NOT a #1, and no one we have is. I was on the Edwards train since it left the station, but I'm not so egotistical to think I know better than JR. He deserves the benefit of the doubt. So I will wait and see and NOT throw out blanket statements regarding our draft picks.

[/quote]

Question is, will any of the current receivers be #1s in the next few years? I say yes. Who says they need to be stars this year? I think the Giants have enough to win now, but they are a young team and should be building for the future, not signing a WR with a history of drops to a 10 million/year deal that will limit them in the future.

[/quote]

Based on last year, I disagree that we have what it takes already. Maybe on defense, but we lack a #1. But, instead of writing this year off, I'm hoping Nicks can step in, but I just don't know.

[/quote]

I think it will be interesting to see. As has been said before on this board, it is very different ot lose a star player mid season, than to be prepared for life without him going into the next year. I don't think it is impossibel for the Giant's to win with what they have. Are they the clear favorite, no. With an unquestioned #1 WR, I think they would have to be. There's a chance one of the young fellas steps up to fill the role, but more likely the Giant's will need to find another way to win next year. I don't think the last several games accurately represent what will happen this year.

[/quote]

I agree, but we ARE going to adjust the passing game to fit what we have. Something we failed at last season. Hopefully Nicks is a part of that adjusting.

[quote user="gonyg322"][quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote] "Not one rookie has played a pro down" Yeah i wish JR wasn't so stupid and he drafted the rookies that have played pro downs....[/quote]

LOL..........That was my favoritr line from his post.

[quote user="FBomb"][quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, but we ARE going to adjust the [assing game to fit what we have. Something we failed at last season.

[/quote]

hahaha the assing game...sorry, I'm just immature.

[quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="EliBGold"][quote user="FBomb"][quote user="DavenIII"][quote user="FBomb"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree, but we ARE going to adjust the [assing game to fit what we have. Something we failed at last season.

[/quote]

hahaha the assing game...sorry, I'm just immature.

[/quote]

lol...........I'm a HUGE fan of the assing game.

my whole point was people ACT as if they had played a pro down.. guess around here people cant have a opinion. then if other disagree they have to belittle and name call .. no wonder people get scared of posting or reading stuff around here..

All-Pro

[quote user="gonyg322"][quote user="derekunion28"]Nothing has changed in my eyes. Anyone else, we are the same team now ,them before the draft, .. Not one rookie has played a pro down, and the chance they contribute in next season, is slim to none, It takes time for guys to learn and change to pro speed and strength from college.I think we have potential in future years, butt as of now i dont think so., remeber we have room for only so many also. Though i em no pro coach scout or analyst its just my humble view of it all. It just seems weird how many people aregetting so hyped up, over some college players that we have no idea how they will transition into the pros. anyone else feel this way.[/quote] "Not one rookie has played a pro down" Yeah i wish JR wasn't so stupid and he drafted the rookies that have played pro downs....[/quote]LMFAO

[quote user="derekunion28"]my whole point was people ACT as if they had played a pro down.. guess around here people cant have a opinion. then if other disagree they have to belittle and name call .. no wonder people get scared of posting or reading stuff around here..[/quote]

Scared is a good way to post. It makes most people think before posting.

If that is what you meant, then that's what you should have said. We can only judge you by the posts you make...........your original post was pretty lame.........just sayin.

Veteran

[quote user="derekunion28"]my whole point was people ACT as if they had played a pro down.. guess around here people cant have a opinion. then if other disagree they have to belittle and name call .. no wonder people get scared of posting or reading stuff around here..[/quote] i fear spiders snakes and the irs