+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I actually believe this one but I'd really wish the Giants would stop saying every guy is some insane value lol. Just admit you are looking to fix holes on the team.
    Us as fans and people in the media make more out of the BPA philosophy than the FO. If you ever look at our drafts, particularly in the first round or two, we almost never pick purely BPA. It's almost always a need pick. Maybe not a "right this second" need, but it fills one nonetheless.

Hankins doesn't really match up well with the likes of a Chip Kelly offense. That has me concerned a little.
    I guess we aren't keeping all the DT's we have..

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Us as fans and people in the media make more out of the BPA philosophy than the FO. If you ever look at our drafts, particularly in the first round or two, we almost never pick purely BPA. It's almost always a need pick. Maybe not a "right this second" need, but it fills one nonetheless.
    But he's saying, don't say it is the best player available, when it's clearly not.

I don't mind the pick, and like the OL/DL combo, I just disagree with the order -- especially with Floyd having been on the board yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's still a bad trait to have, regardless of how many DT's do it.
    It's part of the position. It's nearly impossible to give 100% effort on every play as a DT.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I don't mind the pick, and like the OL/DL combo, I just disagree with the order -- especially with Floyd having been on the board yesterday.
    I'm not a draftnik by any means, but do you think there is a bigger drop off between Pugh and the next crop of OL than there is between Floyd and Hankins?

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Was there an OL worth taking over Hankins, though?

Hankins doesn't really match up well with the likes of a Chip Kelly offense. That has me concerned a little.
    Because we play a Chip Kelly offense every week? Not to mention we have no idea what Kelly's offense is going to look like in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'm not a draftnik by any means, but do you think there is a bigger drop off between Pugh and the next crop of OL than there is between Floyd and Hankins?
    I personally don't. I'd say San Jose State's David Quessenberry offered the same versatility as Justin Pugh with slightly better measureables though he is a little more raw.

Quote Originally Posted by ALLnygIN View Post
    yeah, okay. That guy couldn't even stay out there for 4 downs. How the hell do you expect him to stay on the field as long as our defense does!?! not gonna happen which is why he wasn't picked in the 1st round by anyone else.
    He was a 3 down guy in college, which seems to contribute to his being winded late in games. With the way we rotate guys and bring in specialized pass rush packages, he won't need to be a 70 snap guy.