+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    How many DTs don't have the con: takes plays off?
    I hope Hankins:

1) Maintains his weight
    2) Can play more downs
    3) Doesn't take plays off.

Also, I hope he can occupy 4 blockers....because none of the 3 guys we have starting at LB can shed a blocker.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    I don't mind the pick, and like the OL/DL combo, I just disagree with the order -- especially with Floyd having been on the board yesterday.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    ditto
    Disagree, Giants aren't finding an OT with the versatility and technique of Pughs caliber in 2nd rd. Hankins has the ability to be everything Floyd is if not more. I think the draft is going fine. If you are expecting an impact player for next year it's not happening under TC. Most of these kids will sit or be situational players until hopefully late in the season when they finally demonstrate an idea of the schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGmen View Post
    Disagree, Giants aren't finding an OT with the versatility and technique of Pughs caliber in 2nd rd. Hankins has the ability to be everything Floyd is if not more. I think the draft is going fine. If you are expecting an impact player for next year it's not happening under TC. Most of these kids will sit or be situational players until hopefully late in the season when they finally demonstrate an idea of the schemes.
    Pugh has a very good shot at being a day 1 starter. Hankins should see plenty of time as a rotational guy, saying he has a good camp and all that j***.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Was there an OL worth taking over Hankins, though?
    No, but I don't think there was an OL worth taking over Floyd yesterday, either. I've settled a little more on the Pugh pick, but I never thought or implied that he would be a ****ty player. I just don't like the value we got with Floyd/Werner/Rhodes etc. still on the board.

I would assume that the gap between Pugh and whoever was the Giants highest ranked OL when they took Hankins was steep. The Giants are probably right -- their track record is excellent -- but since everything is a wait-and-see game as of this point, I'm not ecstatic with the prospects themselves.

It's part of the position. It's nearly impossible to give 100% effort on every play as a DT.
    Taking plays off from laziness isn't good.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Taking plays off from laziness isn't good.
    It isn't just laziness. You get beat the **** up playing DT. Not to mention DTs are generally the biggest guys on the field. It's just nearly impossible to give 100% effort on every play at DT.

It isn't just laziness. You get beat the **** up playing DT. Not to mention DTs are generally the biggest guys on the field. It's just nearly impossible to give 100% effort on every play at DT.
    OK, but a con is that he is LAZY.

Please support.
    Get well soon #80.

Veteran
    He was a 3 down guy in college, which seems to contribute to his being winded late in games. With the way we rotate guys and bring in specialized pass rush packages, he won't need to be a 70 snap guy.
    Finally someone who knows what they are talking about! He did not come off the field at OS! He chased plays downfield and sideline to sideline! He ate up and beat doubles! Of course he's gonna get fatigued! Wilfork is a rare breed! Most DT's would get fatigued! That is not laziness! Laziness is laying on the ground after plays like Haynesworth!

Does he look lazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK-mCCWRNHg

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    OK, but a con is that he is LAZY.
    I'm trying to explain to you that it isn't laziness (or not completely so), seeing as every DT has that knock against them.