+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: the giants have takendamontre mooore in the 3rd i looove it

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Didn't he run a 4.85 40 as well? The bottom line is there is risk, but thats why hes there in the 3rd rd.. The upside though is through the roof... A situational pass rusher as a rook, and as he packs on the lbs and learns the NFL game, he eventually takes over for Tuck and/or Kiwi...
    4.95, I believe.

Anyway, as you mentioned, that's why he's in the third. We have a nice track record in developing DEs, and this guy has the potential. I really like this pick.

So we took 3 guys that under performed at the combine
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the mouth."

Devin Taylor had way more athleticism, similar to Ansah and speed. Moore runs a 4.95 40, he can;'t set the edge, terrible against the run. Okafor was way better so is Taylor, he's over rated. The majority of those 12.5 sacks came on inside moves, he has trouble getting around the edge. It could of been worse, given reech's draft process thus far, but this draft class is gonna suck lol .

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    12 reps on the bench is a start
    Yep, imagine what he can do once he develops the strength to bull rush. Great draft so far . 2 guys that can start right away with Moore seeing time on passing downs this year.

12 reps is pathetic for a professional athlete. My arthritic, goofy self could do about 15 a couple years back.

With that said the 12 reps turned out to be a blessing for us. Without that type of combine performance he doesn't drop to us. I like the pick and Hankins too. Also, Pugh is an intelligent Coughlinesque type of player, not a bad draft so far.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotajoe View Post
    12 reps is pathetic for a professional athlete. My arthritic, goofy self could do about 15 a couple years back.With that said the 12 reps turned out to be a blessing for us. Without that type of combine performance he doesn't drop to us. I like the pick and Hankins too. Also, Pugh is an intelligent Coughlinesque type of player, not a bad draft so far.
    Yeah, I bet you could -- EASILY -- do 15 reps of 225 with 35 inch arms.

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Yeah, I bet you could -- EASILY -- do 15 reps of 225 with 35 inch arms.
    Long arms don't effect your bench like some think

Ramses Barden did 17 reps, 34 1/2 inch arms. Damontre Moore has 34 3/4.

Still love the pick, he was projected early 1st round before the combine and we got him in the third. Fortunately, being a good football player has little to do with being able to bench press 225 a certain number of times.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    Devin Taylor had way more athleticism, similar to Ansah and speed. Moore runs a 4.95 40, he can;'t set the edge, terrible against the run. Okafor was way better so is Taylor, he's over rated. The majority of those 12.5 sacks came on inside moves, he has trouble getting around the edge. It could of been worse, given reech's draft process thus far, but this draft class is gonna suck lol .
    I don't hate the Moore pick, but I agree with you on Taylor.....devin Taylor was my ideal DE project.....6'7 270 4.6s..36inch arms...raw...dominated at the east wear game...good against the run in the SEC

+ Reply to Thread