+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Just wasn't a good year for LB's ONCE AGAIN unfortunately, hopefully we can get Kevin Redd!ck in the 4th Round!

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I don't know....Damontre Moore could very well be used as a OLB in pass rushing situations. He backed up Von Miller in 2010 at that position, and then was very productive as an OLB in 2011. It wasn't until last year that he switched to DE under a new coach.

At 250lbs, I could definitely see him being used that way in certain packages.
    Which would be great if the linebackers they have had problems with pass rushing. But they suck in coverage. Moore won't help that. Reese seems to want the pass rush at the expense of other needs.

anyone have JRs phone number? He needs to trade up for Greene..

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Just wasn't a good year for LB's ONCE AGAIN unfortunately, hopefully we can get Kevin Redd!ck in the 4th Round!
    Another guy who battles fatigue? Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    lolwhat? He had a broken hand which was not deemed a significant injury. Which happened after the Panthers game. Webster still got torched by the Cowboys and by Steve Smith so no, it's not the injury. He's losing speed and he's playing in a system that caters to his weaknesses.
    A hand/wrist injury is more significant to a corner than u think. Not being able to press/jam receivers at the line of scrimmage effectively with both hands was a big reason why Webster got beat so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    lolwhat? He had a broken hand which was not deemed a significant injury. Which happened after the Panthers game. Webster still got torched by the Cowboys and by Steve Smith so no, it's not the injury. He's losing speed and he's playing in a system that caters to his weaknesses.
    Hand, arm, what is the difference? You are blaming him for the linebackers woes as a cornerback and in the same breath saying he doesn't fit in our system. In 2011 he was getting called a shut down corner after holding every teams #1 to little to no yards. In years past the pass rush was more effective and that helps every corner and d-back out, not just Webster. The team is just that, a team, and until they start playing as one it won't matter how good each individual player is.
    Live and Die with the Giants

"I felt good today."
    -Eli Manning

Nico Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by GOBLUE24 View Post
    Nico Johnson
    good one, forgot about him..

"I test how other people deal with reality"
    Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    oh yay more marginal prospects at LB.
    exactly my thoughts . wow another 2nd team guy

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    Exactly what people said when we passed on Daryl Washington,Sean lee,Navarro bowman,etc