+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    If people would just wait until I give MY opinion and then simply agree with it, this world would be a better place!!!
    ...lmao

Quote Originally Posted by GreenZone View Post
    It would have been intriguing to see the Giants move down a few notches, still pick Pugh, and get additional draft choices too. While fans would likely then be raving about the Giants' draft, it also indicates to me how badly the Giants want this one player, not to risk losing him.
    19 is essentially no man's land in the draft. Nobody really wants to trade up to that area when there's a lot of talent left on the boards, as there was Thursday. I don't think anyone would have offered much of real value to trade up to 19, so I don't think it was bad to stay put and take the guy they wanted. And San Fran had just traded up to get Reid, so it kind of punctuated the thought that someone could trade up and take your guy. If you know who you want, and doubt they'll be there in round two, pull the trigger.

Also, there are a lot of guys saying Pugh would have been there in the second round. That's not a good assumption when you're at the 17th pick of round two. I think the Giants did what they had to to insure they got their guy, no complaints here at all.

I give it a C we needed a linebacker in the second. I like the Pugh pick because of the aging line. I domt like the second round pick at all. We should have gotten Brown and of course will watch another rookie linebacker flourish in the nfl. While our second round pick rotates and contributes some.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    So...anyone who doesn't agree with your brilliant opinion is automattically a homer? lol.....classic BS post. You could have easliy just given your grade without all the huff and puff, and chest thumping. I love that people label themselves as "realist" by bashing our GM's picks simply because it wasn't the pick you wanted.

Reese has already said that Pugh was his pick all along. People (including myself) have complained about our o-line and how bad our run game has been because of it. Reese addresses it with what will probably be our starting RT next season and now fans have changed his name to "Reach". It's laughable.
    are you referring to my post? If you read it completely, I did say that I was all for addressing the O-line, but I think Pugh was a reach at 19. You speak about huff and puff, chest thumping. That was not my intention, but if thats the way you took it, oh well. Its a message board, peoples opinions will vary. And there are fans that think Reese is the best thing since sliced bread, and if anyone disagrees with that they are told to go root for another team or are a chicken little.

But this year, I think Reese has had a subpar draft, plain and simple. He is the GM, and thats what Mara pays him to do. That does not mean that I have to like every move that Reese makes. But you seem to like to stir the pot some, and thats ok. Each of us our entitled to our opinions, and thats what message boards are for. I have agreed with some of your posts/points in the past, and there have been other times where I did not. Neither my opinion nor yours is the only one. People react differently, and I have seen other posters who are not happy with Reese and the draft this year. But he has also made some good moves over the past few years---it balances out I guess.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Starter
    Very nice draft. They already have the talent to win and this draft seems like solid replacements for on or two years down the line. They probably hope Pugh can make it at center pretty quick; if not, Snee might only have one or two solid years left at guard. They know from our recent Super Bowl teams that the D Line is the key to making the rest of the defense better than it is.

Solid "B". Filled the trenches the first 3 rounds. Got a potential 1st or 2nd round QB in round 4. Got a guy in round 5 who at the least will solidify special teams. Bottom line, the team is better going into week 1 this year than it was at week 16 last year.

Thought I read that the Bears were gonna take Pugh at 20, so Giants couldn't really trade down and get him

Quote Originally Posted by uther99 View Post
    Thought I read that the Bears were gonna take Pugh at 20, so Giants couldn't really trade down and get him
    This is true, and the Cowboys wanted him at the bottom of the round too.

Quote Originally Posted by MustWarnOthers View Post
    I thought there were reports that at least two other teams were looking at Pugh for the first round? How does that make him a second round prospect, besides the jabber of media hype? The real prospect value is what good GM's place on players and nothing more. Pugh has a high ceiling. The kid pulled a finance degree in 3.5 years while playing football. He's sharp and intelligent and moves well laterally. Mark my words, by mid season 2013/early 2014 people are going to be loving this kid.
    this! ^^^^

Its been rumored the bears were going to draft pugh at 20