+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    He gave pugh a B+??lol The guy was a mid 2nd rd prospect that went at pick 19.. Hes versatile yes, but theres plenty of versatile lineman out there.. Hes got some potential, and its a upgrade to our oline which is huge, but no way u can give Pugh a B+ grade, right below a A.. Thats crazy..

Overall, we've had a solid draft, and the pick of Damontre Moore has really solidified it for me, and as much as Hankins endurance worries me, he could be valuable if were to lose Linval down the rd, so its grown on me a bit more, and i do think Pugh will be a solid Guard for us, but the value was terrible..
    No way Pugh makes it to the second round...He jumped charts after the senior game.

Overall I'd have to give this draft a C.....

Pugh,although he may be a great player & some swear we didn't reach for him....Here's my beef,there's a better chance we have to move him around than him being able to play RT.....and we passed on much higher talent (nobody can argue that) that alone makes that pick a C....Crap teams pick for need while good teams get great BPAs that everyone else passes on, Pugh is a need pick....

Hankins, yes I know he's a great run stuffer, but he's still a one demensional player as of now....I believe he was picked exactly where he deserved,no value there.....The pick itself is B, once again passing on much better talent makes it a C+ IMO......I'm sorry but you don't pass on a CB that couldve cracked the starting lineup & the best non pass rushing Lb in the draft that could've easily started week 1, just to pick up a run stuffer......I like the player,dislike the pick....

Moore, everyone has a different opinion on him....but value wise it's a A+ pick....he's not a blazing monster off the edge, but he's obviously doing something right...& people claim his sacks are mostly coverage sacks.......my response to that is, then why the hell aren't all DEs putting up 21 tackles for loss & 12.5 sacks worth of coverage sacks then!?? Come on now!!! there's red flags off the field & when I heard "the program doesn't really endorse him" it scared the hell out of me......but upside of that is, he's only 20 years old & has some growing up to do....perhaps being picked in 3rd round can serve as a reality check & being a rookie on a NFL with alot of talent ahead of him can be a wake up call that it's not going to come easy....

The rest of the picks, no comment....I'm not a fan either way....I hope they're all future hall of farmers,but I'm not a fan of passing up on BPAs that also fill needs......this has been a trend for years now, rounds 4-7 you can count on no name players that are far out projects....I'm sorry but I'm going with the bigger names from the bigger programs, Marcus lattimore,Jonathan Franklin,devin Taylor,Quittin Patton,kasheem Greene,terry hawthorne,Micah Hyde,Cornelius Washington,Baccari Rambo,Jordan poyer,Nick kasa,Sanders Cummings,Shamarko Thomas,Gerald hodges,B.w Webb,etc....I'm sorry but these are the guys that are worth taking chances on in the end of the draft instead of a safety/guard/RB that would've never been draft......I can't understand at all out of the guys I listed, we come up with some crazy picks that wouldn't even had been drafted.....

Cooper Taylor, yea I know he's big & fast....but bad value in the 5th as far as other players that were still around....C
    Eric Herman, looks promising, but still the guy wasn't going to be drafted....B-
    Michael cox, why?? & who??? The guy impressed nobody in college,production sucked....ray Graham went Undrafted,end of story... D

I'm thinking that we may have drafted our LBer and don't know it yet with the Cooper pick....

Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    I'm thinking that we may have drafted our LBer and don't know it yet with the Cooper pick....
    Yes, the guy is 10 lbs away from 240. This is my 3rd favorite pick. I love this pick. We need a safety because no way will we throw away more money on Rolle. If he can put on weight then we have a smoking fast LB.

Quote Originally Posted by FBomb View Post
    So...anyone who doesn't agree with your brilliant opinion is automattically a homer? lol.....classic BS post. You could have easliy just given your grade without all the huff and puff, and chest thumping. I love that people label themselves as "realist" by bashing our GM's picks simply because it wasn't the pick you wanted.

Reese has already said that Pugh was his pick all along. People (including myself) have complained about our o-line and how bad our run game has been because of it. Reese addresses it with what will probably be our starting RT next season and now fans have changed his name to "Reach". It's laughable.
    Yes the Oline was bad thats why I wanted for them to take Cordy Glenn a better prospect then Pugh last year. Now I will get the obligatory u think u know more then the Giants Scouts post which I dont believe at all. This is a message board and if I wasnt posting my opinion then what would be the point of posting on here at all. My opinion is this is the worst draft the Giants have had under Reese.That being said I also think this is the worst talented draft pool in that span so it does make some sense this would be the worst.I do however think there were opportunities to get better players at places of need.
    I did not care for the Pugh pick at first but after seeing the 2nd and 3rd rd picks it didnt bother me as much.Still Comparing the physical talent of Pugh to recent Lineman picked at that spot he doesnt match up.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 04-28-2013 at 10:53 AM.

The thing about Pugh, and why this particular pick didn't bother me so much, is the guy absolutely will play in the NFL. With his technical ability and footwork, there is very little chance of him busting completely. That cannot be said about a lot of prospects from the 1st round this year. There are a number of players who could very easily be complete busts.

People like to think that the best drafting teams are the ones that find the most studs in the draft. That really isn't true at all. It is the team with the fewest airballs in the draft.

Was Pugh my favorite choice? No. But, the pick doesn't bother me a ton. At least, not as much as many here in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yes the Oline was bad thats why I wanted for them to take Cordy Glenn a better prospect then Pugh last year

This is the part of the Pugh pick that I have a hard time understanding. When I back away and look at the long term strategy it seems odd that we would pass on Cordy last year then take Pugh this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yes the Oline was bad thats why I wanted for them to take Cordy Glenn a better prospect then Pugh last year
    I remember Cordy Glenn being there, but as I watched Wilson on the field the memory fades away. I think we got the BPA, and I think behind a good run blocking line Wilson will do better than Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    This is the part of the Pugh pick that I have a hard time understanding. When I back away and look at the long term strategy it seems odd that we would pass on Cordy last year then take Pugh this year.
    There is no David Wilson in this draft.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    There is no David Wilson in this draft.
    Hey I was a huge Wilson fan and I was the guy asking for us to draft him prior to the draft last year.

But, That's not what I am saying.

The Pugh pick is safe. He has a small chance of being a bust. That's ok, as I said the best drafting teams often aren't the teams that have the most home runs , but the fewest strike outs.

But, there is very little doubt that the Pugh pick was a need pick. Far more need than value, which is unlike Reese and this front office who is normally very good at avoiding having to pick a guy because we need him sooner rather than later. That is why the passing on Glenn now seems peculiar. I love David Wilson, I loved him at VT. But, I do not like being in a situation in the draft where we HAVE to pick a position NOW because the need is so dire, which is the position our front office found thsmelves in this year in part because they overlooked Glenn last year.