+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: giants trade up and draft ryan nassib WTF LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Talorin2 View Post
    Not just cheap, but a project that could have an impact down the road. Eli wont be on top of his game forever. No one is guaranteed future success. Any given Sunday, just ask Bledsoe.
    Bledsoe wasn't a two time sb MVP.mtell me the last time a qb with that success was sat down. Was a dumb pick I don't care how anybody tries to spin it. Hell I'd take Aaron Rodgers bro as an UDfa. Oh well guess they are happy with our defense lol

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    *Have, and I don't understand the basis of your question. Are you suggesting that I blindly accept everyone of Reese's picks, because if you fallaciously think that I'd counter-suggest opening your eyes in the Thursday night Pugh threads.
    my bad, just angry... Reaching for a short armed G/T prospect who lacks strength, and then taking a DT when u have a 100of em on ur roster, and lacks endurance and , then a nice pick in Moore, albeit risk, with off field issues and charecther concerns, and then a guy who will never see the field and is far from a sure thing, is just not that great to me..

I also could be wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    It shows that Reese REALLY trusts our LB way more than even I do...
    Obviously Jerry Reese doesnt think your pick Sean Porter is any kind of great talent.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    Jerry reese called hima 1st or 2nd round talent
    That's something Reese would say

Yeah, I'd assume that on his board (in a linear 1-100 or whatever the number is) he was in the 45-60 range. In the 100 pick range, the value is there.

It's certainly minimized value on our team, with Eli and all, but I'm a fan of this pick.

Then again, I was also a big fan of the Andre Woodson pick in 2008, so my opinion on this type of situation doesn't really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by hugehomer View Post
    Obviously Jerry Reese doesnt think your pick Sean Porter is any kind of great talent.
    He's better than Herzlich and Paysinger...

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckKnoxx View Post
    Whatever [Tom Quinn] says to keep a near decade long job has to be truly inspirational for him not to be working at IKEA right now.

Cool, so we'll have a 1st or 2nd rd talent sitting on the bench, awesome.. We have Dan freaking connor slated to start at MLB with god knows who as his backup and unproven Jaquian WIlliams slated to start at WLB, and Keith Rivers, mr. injury prone underachiever slated to start at SLB..

U talk about ELI possibly getting hurt, but what about guys like Rivers who have shown nothing but the ability to stay off the field?

The funniest thing about it all is we have the most injuries of any team at positons like CB and LB and Dline and RB, and yet the one positon we draft a guy as insurance is at a positon we never have injuries..lol

And again, there's no reason for people to use the "Jerry Reese disagrees" argument in a draft forum. While it's encouraging to me that Reese felt strongly enough to move up to get Nassib, my perceived value for the Nassib pick was in and of itself, no matter what Reese did (peep the Barkley thread from yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    my bad, just angry... Reaching for a short armed G/T prospect who lacks strength, and then taking a DT when u have a 100of em on ur roster, and lacks endurance and , then a nice pick in Moore, albeit risk, with off field issues and charecther concerns, and then a guy who will never see the field and is far from a sure thing, is just not that great to me..

I also could be wrong though...
    Putting my money on the latter.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

+ Reply to Thread