+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Defensive Game Plan Against Dallas

I'm hoping we're going to be jamming the receivers at the line and bringing more than 3 rushers for this game. I'm sure the Boys, with Romo's hand, are going to want him to get the ball out very quickly so he's not getting knocked around. If we play that soft zone garbage all game, it's going to be long night.

I'm also thinking that if Dallas gets the ball first, they'll try to go deep pretty quickly to see if they can get a big play early and try and take the crowd out. Hopefully the stadium is absolutely rocking and it makes it that much harder for Romo to get going.

Re: Defensive Game Plan Against Dallas

NO blown coverages in the secondary!

they should't have any real running threat. atm so i hope we play pass 1st with some simple pass blitzes mixed in and man. don't need confusion and blown coverages imo.

time for a dline to take control of a game not just jpp on dline

Best medicine for Romo (and any QB for that matter) hit him early and often and like they did last week get them hands up on the line.

Fewell knows Romo has a bum hand so decides to rush 3 guys and Romo hits soft tosses to Witten all night, that is my nightmare.
    Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

we need to rush more than four on passing downs.

All-Pro

Well hopefully having KP play this time will prevent the blown coverages.

Hit the QB all night long. Give him a shot coming out of the tunnel before the game. Sack him after the game. Don't stop hitting the QB.

We're going to need the most relentless pass rush we've had all year to win this one. JPP, Tuck and Osi need to cause some fumbles in this one...And our O needs to capitalize on the opportunities the defense gives them, I'm sick of seeing fumbles and picks go to absolutely nothing

Veteran

[quote user="JacksGiant76"]I'm hoping we're going to be jamming the receivers at the line and bringing more than 3 rushers for this game. I'm sure the Boys, with Romo's hand, are going to want him to get the ball out very quickly so he's not getting knocked around. If we play that soft zone garbage all game, it's going to be long night.

I'm also thinking that if Dallas gets the ball first, they'll try to go deep pretty quickly to see if they can get a big play early and try and take the crowd out. Hopefully the stadium is absolutely rocking and it makes it that much harder for Romo to get going.
    [/quote]

I heard on the NFL Network that Romo said he is expecting the Giants to bring more pressure and play more man to man. So heavy blitzing not be in the best thing for the Giants to do. It should be a good game.

Plant Romo in Giants Stadium turf. "Fertilize" on him,then water frequently.

Repeat as necessary.

No one remembers who came in second.