+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I think he wanted to stuff the run, and wanted it to start in the trenches so he got Hankins. However, we are thin at LB, and most are injury prone. Greene would of likely fell to us, devin taylor is still available. I don't understand the need for OT, DT,and QB selections. Those should be for next draft. This draft was weird.
    OT and DT were good smart picks.
    However we could have selecetd a DB or LB, but Reese chose not to obviously.
    Carr is old and we need a bavkup to groom.
    We mat get a LB with 5th rnd pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Yea Nassib is safe.. Real safe on the bench for the next 7 years..
    I actually predicted we'd take Nassib or Barkley in the 4th, given the way he's gone about this particular draft. Looks like Lattimore may go in the 5th. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Months ago the Giants said they needed to get better in the trenches. That's exactly what they drafted for and worked on in FA.
    Its not a big surprise really. Last offseason they said their #1 priority was improving the run game, and they drafted a RB.

This year they said the trenches are the #1 priority, and they spent the 1st 3 picks on it.

I am not sure why people are so surprised.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Looking at our late round picks the past few years, I wouldn't hold your breath...
    Well you always miss more than you hit in later rounds . At this moment I got nothing more than hope.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Quote Originally Posted by paulj View Post
    OT and DT were good smart picks.
    However we could have selecetd a DB or LB, but Reese chose not to obviously.
    Carr is old and we need a bavkup to groom.
    We mat get a LB with 5th rnd pick?
    I agree there was some thought put into those picks. But they aren't exactly immensely talented. They look like Backups. Rhodes could of been the starte opposite Prince for the next decade. LB in the fifth, i like that Rutgers MLB. But i think Reese is switchin up his style. Trying to do something different this draft, and i'm dumbfounded.

Worse draft in 10 years for us. Looks like we are trying to be in the clowney sweepstakes instead of trying to a playoff team.

Toooo much talent we left on the board. This sucks.

What makes any of you think you are better evaluators of talent than Reese and Ross? I would really like to hear why you feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Its not a big surprise really. Last offseason they said their #1 priority was improving the run game, and they drafted a RB.

This year they said the trenches are the #1 priority, and they spent the 1st 3 picks on it.

I am not sure why people are so surprised.
    I have no problems with addressing the trenches, but Pugh was a reach at 19. I dont recall seeing any mocks with him as a 1st rd draft pick. But they passed up Floyd who was available at 19 to reach for a 2nd or 3rd rd OT/G. They could have added Floyd and gone after Pugh in the 2nd rd if they were so enamored by him. Then to add a QB, and trade up for him, in the 4th rd is a head scratcher. He wont see the field as a starter for several years.

And in the process Reese has ignored a LB or CB in the draft---2 areas that need some attention, considering our defense was ranked 31st in the league last year. I am not confident in Webster or Ross playing opposite Prince. Connor and Rivers are injury prone, and Williams cant do it all at the LB position. I can actually see teams moving the ball effectively on the Giants D again this season and Webster giving up the big plays again.
    Perry Fewell is out there playing Tecmo Bowl defense with just 4 plays you can pick from on the remote control.
    --sharick88

Quote Originally Posted by speedman View Post
    What makes any of you think you are better evaluators of talent than Reese and Ross? I would really like to hear why you feel that way.
    Oh relax, this is what these message boards are about. A place for people to share opinions. You can be a huge NYG fan and not drink the Kool-Aide you know. You probably go "apesh*t" if there is more than one thread about a topic. RELAX Bud........

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    I dont see how OL and DL werent needs?

Giants have a bunch of 30+ year old DTs on one year deals, Linval's contract ends after this season, Kuhn is coming off an ACL, and Austin has done nothing.

OL if anyone on that OL got hurt, they are starting guys like Cordle, if Diehl got hurt, they are starting who, Brewer?

Backup QB is the most iffy one, but Carr has to be gone in another year I would think.
    So u reach for a guy who u don't even know if he can play T in the NFL a rd early to fix the problem? U draft a DT that has endurance issues and underachieved on the field and his stock has fallen with his lack luster player? And even the pick i like, Moore has a ton of offield issues, and i read weeks ago a quote that litteraly said "Damontre Moore would not be able to play in a place like NYC because of his maturity issues".

This draft is mad suspect..... Its one of the worst drafts of any team, on paper..