+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    The height in batting down deep long throws and hail mary's. Either way, we had an in the box safety literally in rolle and Hill, need safeties with cover skills
    This is a guy designed to play Safety in the box and stick to a TE in coverage.

Tall safties and defensive backs in general are becoming more and more in vogue in the league. Since you cannot mess with a wr before they catch the ball, and since you cannot touch them hard after they catch it to dislodge it, the league is moving to interfere with passing lanes, and you do that with tall, long arms players in the back end.

Furthermore, the new rules heavily favor TEs who are all too tall and physical for most Dbs.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    FBomb, when you get a chance check your PM.
    Done......I'm sorry, but I cannot date you. Morehead would be crushed!!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Shrine game they were saying his range was impressive deep.

Think he fits very well as a C2 safety.
    I agree.. I think his size/speed is the most intriguing part of his game of course, and also, i'm sure that size/speed is really intriguing for ST's...

Why do people expect the Giants to actually see any impact come out of him? He won't play at all the first year because of Coughlins rookie rule, he'll be turned into a LBer which isn't a need according to Reese in his second year and will be sitting behind the Dan Connors of the world.

the JPP of safetys..??

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Why do people expect the Giants to actually see any impact come out of him? He won't play at all the first year because of Coughlins rookie rule, he'll be turned into a LBer which isn't a need according to Reese in his second year and will be sitting behind the Dan Connors of the world.
    No such "rookie rule" exists.
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by GTGiantsFan View Post
    Rookies play plenty under Coughlin.

Wilson - 125 snaps
    Randle - 250 snaps
    Hosley - 450 snaps
    Kuhn - 170 snaps

If they are good and can contribute, they will play.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Kam Chancellor is in the box safety, and Earl Thomas is there cover safety...
    My bad you guys are right. Here's an article on Taylor via Pat Traina: http://www.timesdispatch.com/sports/...9bb30f31a.html

Interesting that his DC at Richmond was a former Giants assistant.

Cant believe the whole league doesnt recognize the vast talents of Jordan Poyer

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Rookies play plenty under Coughlin.

Wilson - 125 snaps
    Randle - 250 snaps
    Hosley - 450 snaps
    Kuhn - 170 snaps

If they are good and can contribute, they will play.
    I've said this many times.. The reason they don't play is because obvious Vets in front of em who earned the right to be there..