+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: linebackers

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    They are doomed just like they where in 2007 and 2011!
    We were pretty close to being doomed in 2011.

It's not like we've got a bunch of chicken littles around here...LB is a serious concern.

Combine that with our less than desirable safety situation and I'm getting a little worried. I'm shocked they didn't pay more attention to both positions. I guess we'll just have to hope someone comes through in the UDFA pool or a guy like Jake Muasau steps up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PBTimmons View Post
    This. Pugh is not happening. Not. Happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    C.J. Mosley 2014
    If they feel he can play MLB. the Giants seem to not care if their MLB can play the pass

Let's just see how training camp goes etc. I really like Cooper after seeing some film on him. Gotta admit i didn't know anything about him. But his measurables are similar to Arthur Brown who people really liked at MLB why cant this kid potentially become a LB?

answer: lots of 3 safety sets..

2007 they had Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell. 2011 they had Kiwi and Boley.

I guess we are rolling on Rivers and Williams and praying they dont get hurt.
    If you dig up the dirt in Oakland, you will find Giant bones

3/18/14 Draft:
    1-Aaron Donald DT Pitt
    2-Kareem Martin DE UNC
    3-Stanley Jean-Baptiste CB Neb
    4-C.J. Fiedorowicz TE Iowa
    5-Bryan Stork C FSU
    5-Chris Watt G ND
    6-Jeff Janis WR SV

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Giant303 View Post
    Let's just see how training camp goes etc. I really like Cooper after seeing some film on him. Gotta admit i didn't know anything about him. But his measurables are similar to Arthur Brown who people really liked at MLB why cant this kid potentially become a LB?
    Don't quite measure up w Brown as he's got 4 inches on Brown and is almost 15 lbs lighter. He'll have to beef up and learn the role which will take some time if that's the route we chose. He does have boom or bust potential IMO and I'm def hoping its not the latter.

Yeah i agree definitely who knows whats going to happen with the LB position. Obviously its a position that the giants feel is a "coach em up" position. Reese has taken LB's in earlier rounds in previous drafts and they haven't panned out. Yeah he's lighter than Brown doesn't mean he can't pack on a few although 15lbs is a lot to gain in 4 months. Dropping him in during the 3 safety set closer too the box could be interesting.

Just curious what were your thoughts on Kiko Alonso? He is much much closer to Cooper height wise and about 10lbs heavier and a little slower.

I also woulnd't mind seeing Moore at the Sam in obvious passing downs. Or maybe for good. Didn't he play Some outside backer at A&M? Moore,JPP,Jenkins,Joseph,Kiwi should give O'line fits
    Last edited by Giant303; 04-30-2013 at 04:11 PM.

There are still some FAs out there. Think we may be surprised by an addition or two....

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    There are still some FAs out there. Think we may be surprised by an addition or two....
    I think once they sort everything else out, this may be the way they go. Bill Polian was talking about General Manager strategy on ESPN one day and he said the draft is where you take your BPA and developmental prospects and Free Agency and the waiver are where you fill your holes. The Giants still won't pick up any superstars, but they don't need any either.

+ Reply to Thread