+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: linebackers

I have to assume the LBers in this draft didn't impress the Giants. They worked out Greene after all and let him pass them by in the 4th round (where he would have been a decent value).

Same with Brown and Bostic in the second.

We already know that LBer is the least priority on the defense in the current FO mindset.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I have to assume the LBers in this draft didn't impress the Giants. They worked out Greene after all and let him pass them by in the 4th round (where he would have been a decent value).

Same with Brown and Bostic in the second.

We already know that LBer is the least priority on the defense in the current FO mindset.
    I agree with most of what you said. There must have been something either in Greene's play or in his personality that rubbed people, not just he Giants, the wrong way.

People complaining about us not taking him seem to be overlooking the fact that he was projected to go WAY sooner than he did. We weren't the only team to pass on this kid for some reason. Most projections had him going early 3rd round at the worst, most were in the 2nd round. Mayock had him as a top 70 prospect for example.

Something went wrong in his interviews or in his Doctor evals.

Really once Brown and Moore were gone, there was not much left at the position.

Greene is nothing special. Id take J Will over him.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Really once Brown and Moore were gone, there was not much left at the position.

Greene is nothing special. Id take J Will over him.
    I thought he would go sooner than he did. But, the 1 thing we amateurs can never account for is personality or intelligence. its not like we get to meet him in person, so we are forced to go on what we know.

I still think something about this kid was displeasing to NFL teams.

It could also just be the general trend in the league right now tho. With more passing comes less LBs on the field and more DBs.