+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: The Most Honest Draft Thread You'll Read

  1. #11
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,283
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    So can only a baker criticize a baker? Of course not. People know what they like the taste of. But if you know you like a particular baker's cakes and you yourself really have no idea what ingredients are needed, let alone how to mix it together to create the cake you eat and enjoy, then you really should keep your thoughts to yourself when at the grocery store with said baker because he likely has a better idea of what he needs than you, a man who's never even at the least worked in a bakery.
    Lol, so you are apparently disagreeing with yourself.

    You cant criticize a baker unless you worked in a bakery. Uh huh. If he puts poo in your cake you should be thrilled
    Last edited by slipknottin; 04-27-2013 at 05:24 PM.

  2. #12
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,584
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Lol, so you are apparently disagreeing with yourself.
    Lol

  3. #13
    Veteran RagTime Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Carlstadt, NJ
    Posts
    3,909
    I think the problem is the same every year. We all have favorite players that get passed up by Reese & co.

    Odds are we'll never know the reason they passed on someone, so we're forced to speculate that they botched it up by oversight.

    And if our guy turns out to be better than theirs, well it's OBVIOUS that's what happened (red ink).
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Lol, so you are apparently disagreeing with yourself.

    You cant criticize a baker unless you worked in a bakery. Uh huh. If he puts poo in your cake you should be thrilled
    No. I'm not. I think you're still mis-understanding me.

    We can all have opinions. I just think people slagging this draft are being short-sighted and don't have a true idea on how to build and develop a roster.

    A kid can have the opinion that vegetables are "yuckie" and that he should be able to eat candy all day. That's fine. But its ignorant and short sighted because the kid doesn't realize the nutritional value of the vegetables and how it will help his body and immune system grow.

    Just like posters can have the opinion that the draft is bad and we should have taken other positions or players. That opinion is likely coming from a place of ignorance because they don't know half as much about these players or roster development and growth as they would like to believe. Hell, NFL front offices don't have it down pat, but some, the Giants especially, have a pretty good handle on how to be as successful as possible without an exact science.

  5. #15
    And for the record, guy....I'm not saying I know more than anyone else. I know less than most of you about the draft and the players coming out of it. But I'm wise enough to know my shortcomings and that the people in our war-room definitely know more than me or 99% of this board that's asking "wtf Reese is thinking".

  6. #16
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,283
    Quote Originally Posted by ImElectric2 View Post
    No. I'm not. I think you're still mis-understanding me.

    We can all have opinions.
    Apparently we cant, because we havent also been GMs. Or was that not what your post said

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post

    You cant criticize a baker unless you worked in a bakery. Uh huh. If he puts poo in your cake you should be thrilled
    That totally disregards the part about "liking the baker's cake".

    If you want to make the case that some are exposing that "soylent green is now made with people" and others, like myself, are blind to this fact, I would argue that the recipe isn't changing to the cake I eat/enjoy and there never was or has been "poo" in my cake.
    Last edited by ImElectric2; 04-27-2013 at 05:57 PM.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Apparently we cant, because we havent also been GMs. Or was that not what your post said
    Well, if you want to read it that way you can. But you're misinterpreting me. Perhaps for the sake of it or perhaps because you disagree with my premise that people mad at this draft might be cultivating their anger from ignorance and short-sightedness. Perhaps you're mad at this draft and are taking my position as personal attack on you (which, I can assure you, it isn't as I don't know your personal opinion).

    I'll try one more time before just settling that we disagree (though to be honest your attempt to try and prove a fallacy in my argument is rather irritating):

    We can all have opinions. I think its great.

    I do, however, think some opinions are more informed than others. I definitely think Jerry Reese's is more informed than yours or mine.

    I think that those questioning what Reese was thinking in this draft are likely short-sighted and don't know the first thing about building a roster at a professional level. (*Edit OR WHAT REESE"S LONG TERM PLAN IS FOR THE TEAM).

    But based on your argument to me, I should give the kid up the street's opinion the same respect as that of my gastroenterologist about the blood in my stool the because he watches House and saw an episode or two where House dismissed it as anal fissures.
    Last edited by ImElectric2; 04-27-2013 at 06:02 PM.

  9. #19
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,283
    Or we have different views on players who he drafts.

    There are plenty of people here who hated picks like Sintim, or Bomar, or Barden, etc.

    Some of us spend a lot of time looking at players and seeing if they fit.

    If Reese has a different view than us, fine, but to say we should just support everything he does because its his job is ridiculous.

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Or we have different views on players who he drafts.

    There are plenty of people here who hated picks like Sintim, or Bomar, or Barden, etc.

    Some of us spend a lot of time looking at players and seeing if they fit.

    If Reese has a different view than us, fine, but to say we should just support everything he does because its his job is ridiculous.
    Ok. I think that last sentence may have been the disconnect. I don't think that way and if it came across like that it was unintentional.

    I'm not into blind support for anything for any reason.

    I guess a better way to state my case would be "If this draft is so bizarre to some of you perhaps it is because Reese is looking at it from a different perspective with different long term and short term goals in mind than what you think/thought."

    Case and point would be our 4th round pick. Seems odd to some (me too, even) but based on the whole "who's a baker/who's not" argument, I gotta believe Reese isn't just throwing a dart at a board. He has experience in the field and proven success. There's probably more to it than what we, as fans, may consider.

    I don't think this draft is a clear indication that he's driving the ship towards an iceberg, just taking a different course than what many wanted or were thinking.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts