+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    30

    give the giants a grade

    with only 1 pick left, what do you all think of this draft for the giants overall.

    this was by no means a sexy or flashy draft for us, but we got a few players that will contribute and hopefully will develop in time.

    the pick that really intrigues me is cooper taylor, im excited to see this kid in action. I think he could play a great S/LB hybrid and be great against most TEs. this is my favorite pick of the draft.

    the nassib pick, i understand we needed to start to mold a replacement for Eli and he was good value in the 4th but if we still have at the minimum assuming no injuries 6 years left with eli we could have waited another year or two to find value at the QB position and still give him enough time to develop. especially if we were giving up a 6th round pick in a draft where alot of quality players were dropping and a fourth round where numerous quality players were still available. Happy with nassib but could be happier.

    overall i think it was a succesful draft, infuriating at times but now that its practically over i look back and nod and think just well done.

  2. #2
    Veteran darrin99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staten Island via NJ
    Posts
    1,652

  3. #3
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,264
    Giants have drafted one player who ran better than a 4.95 40.

    I know they wanted to get big bodies, but Id give it a C at best.

  4. #4
    All-Pro Eli TO Shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants have drafted one player who ran better than a 4.95 40.

    I know they wanted to get big bodies, but Id give it a C at best.
    good thing 40's dont equal good football players.

    You act like we drafted skill positions which require top end speed. Taylor ran a 4.5 and moore ran a 4.9, which is one of the reasons why he slipped. Had he ran a 4.6 he would have easily gone in the 2nd.

    Grade - B

  5. #5
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    good thing 40's dont equal good football players.

    You act like we drafted skill positions which require top end speed. Taylor ran a 4.5 and moore ran a 4.9, which is one of the reasons why he slipped. Had he ran a 4.6 he would have easily gone in the 2nd.

    Grade - B
    No, but it means the team didnt get any faster. I want them to get faster every draft.

  6. #6
    Drafting purely based on 40 times is the mindset of Matt Millen and Al Davis in his final 10-15 years.

    Da'Rel Scott has a great 40 time. Let's see what we can get for him in a trade.

  7. #7
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    Drafting purely based on 40 times is the mindset of Matt Millen and Al Davis in his final 10-15 years.

    Da'Rel Scott has a great 40 time. Let's see what we can get for him in a trade.
    See you are missing the point entirely, I didnt want a bunch of bums who ran fast.

    I want good players who are fast.

    Giants did not add any of those this draft.

  8. #8
    All-Pro Eli TO Shockey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    6,823
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    No, but it means the team didnt get any faster. I want them to get faster every draft.
    to be fair we did sign louis murphy. Wilson is pretty explosive too. More speed on offense then we have had in a long time.

  9. #9
    All-Pro slipknottin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    36,264
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    to be fair we did sign louis murphy. Wilson is pretty explosive too. More speed on offense then we have had in a long time.
    Yea, I know, they have a lot of speed already on the team. I just felt they passed on some chances to add good players who had some speed.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Giants have drafted one player who ran better than a 4.95 40.

    I know they wanted to get big bodies, but Id give it a C at best.
    I care about time within 10 yards, the game is played in a 10 yard window. I never time the full 40 I get it from someone else

    Tom Coughlin at the combine this year.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts