+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Reality - Linebacker and Corner were already set before the draft, NOT need positions

and quarterback wasen't set???lol

Quote Originally Posted by Duckdownman View Post
    COMPLETLY disagree. When your DTs suck is when a MLB can really put up good stats (especially tackles). When the front (3 or 4) aren't stopping the run its the 2nd lines chance to shine. Look at all the lb's who have high tackles on either bad teams or teams with no push up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I'm sorry but fixing the Dline problem against the run would've been much easier than hoping one of these LBs can actually play....I'm going franchise MLB that's on the field 0 of the time over a rotational DT...
    We're going to have to hope that Dan Connor takes it to another level in 2013. It's debatable whether he's better than Blackburn at this point. He's a couple years younger, but there's nothing on his statline that suggests he's an improvement over Chase.

Most recently, in 2012, Connor had 56 combined tackles, v. 98 for Chase. Granted, Dallas had a better overall defense, whereas Chase was forced to cover alot more ground. And there is the difference between the systems as well.

Maybe Connor will shine in Fewell's system. Let's hope.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Arthur Brown would start over Connor.

I argued awhile ago that they probably wouldnt draft or didnt need a CB, at least not this season, but LB a couple guys could have stepped in and started.
    I dont think Corner was a have to get but corner is a spot that drafting 1 if value is there is a good move

+ Reply to Thread