+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    probly just to piss off the almighty jeepy.

I'm pissed!
    Giants fan since '58

seems the Giants got meaner and stronger in the trenches. Truly a big draft for the Giants.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
    seems the Giants got meaner and stronger in the trenches. Truly a big draft for the Giants.
    Good, I hope they play against the Mods!
    Giants fan since '58

man this is gonna give our OL some real juice.
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by Moecoastie77 View Post
    love it. especially that mammoth of a man we got in the 2nd!

Veteran
    From his videos he's a great run blocker

Quote Originally Posted by bigjeep View Post
    Eric Herman

New York Giants

Seventh Round: 225th Pick

Ohio University doesn't get a ton of national attention, and that's how a player like Eric Herman can go unnoticed. However, the draft process offers an opportunity for someone like Herman to make a name for himself.

He has the type of game that will easily translate to the next level. Herman combines natural athleticism and strength with a non-stop motor. NFL teams will quickly fall in love with his competitiveness.

Strengths Weaknesses
    + Size - High Pad Level
    + Nasty Streak
    + Strength

Tools

Height: 6í4Ē

Weight: 320 pounds

Arm Length: 32 ľĒ

40-time: 5.25

Intangibles/Character: Ohio University benefited from the reliable and high-level play of Eric Herman. He started 40 straight games from his sophomore to senior season. Herman played each of those games with a ton of intensity.

The image below shows an example of the type of aggressiveness Herman exhibited on every play:

Hermanstrenghtnasty_original

System: Hermanís size and raw strength make him a great fit for a power-blocking system. However, he also possesses the quickness off the ball to fit into a zone-blocking scheme. During his time at Ohio, Herman gained a ton of experience in a zone system.

Pass-Blocking: The most important thing Herman needs to focus on in order to become a complete player is his pass protection. He boasts the athleticism and strength to excel in this area of the game, but he must improve the consistency of his technique.

Below is a clip that shows Herman in an upright stance that limits his change-of-direction ability, anchor and balance:

Hermanupright_original

One thing helping Herman is that his future in the NFL is at the guard position. This will provide him some leeway to clean up his pass-protection technique.

Run-Blocking: This is the area of Hermanís game where he shows the potential to dominate. He does a great job driving defenders off the ball, quickly getting off the line and gaining inside hand placement.

The image below is an example of how his quickness off the ball can seal the defender from a hole. He quickly got across the face of the defender and kept him from making a play on the ball.

Hermanquickoffballandacrossface_original

This quickness also comes into play when Herman is asked to pull from this guard position. The below clip shows Hermanís ability to remain balanced as he provides a lead block. Donít be surprised if Herman comes off the board earlier than expected.

Hermanpulling_original

Teams are going to fall in love with his combination of athleticism, strength and mean streak.

Blocking in Space: Herman doesnít possess the fluidity to consistently hold up in space. This is why his best position at the next level is at guard. However, heís a good enough athlete to fill in at right tackle in a pinch.

This is only a real possibility if he does a better job keeping his pads down throughout the play.

Hand Fighting: Because of his upper body strength, Herman does a good job velcroing to the defender. In both the run and passing game, he always looks to gain inside handsórather than taking the punch-and-recoil approach.

Herman is absolutely someone capable of controlling the line of scrimmage and the movements of his opponent.

Recovery: The ability to keep a wide base gives Herman a strong anchor. This allows him to remain balanced after the initial contact and quickly re-set. Opponents have a tough time moving Herman off the line or getting a push on the pocket.

Hermanís pad level is the one thing that hinders his recovery. When he gets too high, the defender can use his quickness to compromise Hermanís balance. This makes it more difficult for him to then change direction and react to counter moves.

Technique: Other than some inconsistency with his pad level, Herman plays with good overall technique. He shows a commitment to playing with balance and fighting to gain inside hand placement. These are two of the main keys for all offensive linemen.

Future Role/Versatility: Herman is a guard, but could potentially play right tackle in a pinch. This doesnít mean a team should go in that direction. Moving him to the outside would really play against his strengths as a player.

As far as scheme is concerned, Herman features the skills needed to play in either a zone of power-blocking system.
    I think finally I got my wish granted. I was harping all thru out this past weeks the desire to add some mean streak back to our Oline. That kid is a mean SOB. Lets see what coach Pat Flaherty can do with this wild one.
    " Success is never final, but failure can be " B.P.

Like his pancake blocks, i actually like this pick after i saw the tape. Could replace Snee, and open holes for wilson and brown.. Pugh and Herman Munster over the right side, i like it already

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vcaWidey1Y

Quote Originally Posted by G-Men Surg. View Post
    I think finally I got my wish granted. I was harping all thru out this past weeks the desire to add some mean streak back to our Oline. That kid is a mean SOB. Lets see what coach Pat Flaherty can do with this wild one.
    Whats up with Mosley, mccants, and brewer? all were projects but have yet to see the field. Im assuming Herman is another one of those. Sooner or later we'll hit a HR with a late round olineman

Quote Originally Posted by Eli TO Shockey View Post
    Whats up with Mosley, mccants, and brewer? all were projects but have yet to see the field. Im assuming Herman is another one of those. Sooner or later we'll hit a HR with a late round olineman
    Mc Cants was a turnstile, i like Mosley and Brewer. But both are tackles. Munster could be that guard to open up the run game for Wilson.