+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The oddest draft in Giants history?

Very predictable in here.

Veteran
    It's hard to get excited when the big shot , your #1 is a OT/G, good pick though, a big need. and a pick of NO apparent need in still valuable 4th round of a QB, who will hold a clipboard for the next couple years (barring Eli catastrophe), though he seems like real value & upside, a capable backup-how many games are Carr going to win in a playoff run w/ Eli going down. So All in All, a balloon deflating, but needed & probably wise draft, truly testing "in Reese we trust" IMHO

Pretty much.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Most boring giants draft of all time? They didnt add a single playmaker(at least not any who will play, Nassib), nobody who can really run.

Oh well, they hopefully upgrade the trenches a bit, and we dont have another draft like this for awhile.
    they added some playmakers last year with wilson and randle. hosley can be a playmaker too. last year's draft we got the sexy picks. this year we got lineman.

It's always odd when I know each and every pick of the other NFC East teams, but don't know our own. Not even upset. Just would be nice to play football games now that this forum is about to explode.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by foxie View Post
    It's hard to get excited when the big shot , your #1 is a OT/G, good pick though, a big need. and a pick of NO apparent need in still valuable 4th round of a QB, who will hold a clipboard for the next couple years (barring Eli catastrophe), though he seems like real value & upside, a capable backup-how many games are Carr going to win in a playoff run w/ Eli going down. So All in All, a balloon deflating, but needed & probably wise draft, truly testing "in Reese we trust" IMHO
    Adding to the gloom was we gave up our 6th round pick, to go after our no need pick of Nassib, 7th round is a coin toss with UDFA, so it was all basically all over after Rd 5...so much for All the hype...

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Would you say this was the oddest/most unexpecting draft?
    Yes, and that will make this draft class most interesting to watch.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Veteran
    I'm not excited about anything or anyone. I really don't expect much from anyone with the excption of Pough and thats becuase he's an immediate upgrade and i'm sick of deihls bs. I think we could have scored some solid players, but I don't see them being all that effective, but than again I'm not a scout, I'm just a man with an opinion that quite litterally means nothing. I'm usually right though.

The most surprising thing about this draft was every pick the G'men made I was surprised at who they selected. I think I scrunched my face up too, weird!

It was an odd draft for the NFL not just the Giants.

I like our draft. We addressed both sides of the line and added value at the end. I don't even care what people think about Nassib. The Giants know what they are doing. If your pick wasn't selected then there was probably a good reason for it. These guys interview the players. They see more film than us. They have more data and metrics than us. They understand the Giants direction better than us.

I'm just excited for these new guys, and I can't wait for the new season to begin. I feel MUCH better about our D and O lines.

Let's get it Giants!

+ Reply to Thread