+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW RB!!!

Doesn't make the team.

He went to Michigan before mass. He a freak athletically but didn't get much playing time for various reasons.

Yawn....

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Yah, NFL.com and CBS have hime listed at 6' and 6' 1'' so 6' 3'' is off afterall.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Plus why did we pass up Maysonet? He signed with the Eagles afterwords as an UDFA... great!

They're hoping he's the Cruz of RBs.

More like camp fodder for the #4 spot.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by TAILGATIN' View Post
    Plus why did we pass up Maysonet? He signed with the Eagles afterwords as an UDFA... great!

Well, its hard to say because he is a good runner and reportedly people liked what they saw at his pro day. Plus, when 28+ teams show up for 1 guys pro day, it usually suggests a guy has some interest around the league.

However, if I had to guess, I would say it was his hand size. He had the 2nd smallest hands at the combine. I have read that many teams will not even consider a back with small hands since it becomes a ball security issue.

As to Cox, it is very hard to even know much about him since I don't live near or watch that team on a regular basis and he has virtually no film available. This is 1 of those picks where you just have to think Reese knows something I don't about this kid. 1 thing I can say with certainty is I like how he carries the football. That ball doesn't leave his body at all in the few clips I have seen.
    Last edited by BlueSanta; 04-29-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Cox is nice..
    Wow ... is no one going to bite (heh) on this?
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Well, its hard to say because he is a good runner and reportedly people liked what they saw at his pro day. Plus, when 28+ teams show up for 1 guys pro day, it usually suggests a guy has some interest around the league.

However, if I had to guess, I would say it was his hand size. He had the 2nd smallest hands at the combine. I have read that many teams will not even consider a back with small hands since it becomes a ball security issue.

As to Cox, it is very hard to even know much about him since I don't live near or watch that team on a regular basis and he has virtually no film available. This is 1 of those picks where you just have to think Reese knows something I don't about this kid. 1 thing I can say with certainty is I like how he carries the football. That ball doesn't leave his body at all in the few clips I have seen.
    The one thing i'll continue to say about Cox is u simply can not look at his stats, as Umass this yr , was probably the worst passing team i've seen in college football in some time, consdering there QB wasen't a running QB either.. They got next to nothing outta Mike Wegzyn as he threw 6td and 10int... Very easy to put extra attention in the box with there pass offense...

Cox was solid in that respect, that he could do what he did, with that kinda extra attention wk in and wk out..

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Wow ... is no one going to bite (heh) on this?
    We had are fun wit that in the live draft thread...

+ Reply to Thread