+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: who else is mad we passed over Kaseem Green in the 4TH and took Nassib?????

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    college production is only part of it. Tebow was a complete beast in college, hes a non factor in the NFL
    Greg Jones was a really top notch linebacker in college and he didn't even make a scratch in the NFL would be a good Giants example.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    college production is only part of it. Tebow was a complete beast in college, hes a non factor in the NFL
    We're talking about the 4th round.. Not the 1st, Would be a great value Greene was all over the field making plays at Rutgers..

maybe I'm just a Greene homer..

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    We're talking about the 4th round.. Not the 1st, Would be a great value Greene was all over the field making plays at Rutgers..

maybe I'm just a Greene homer..
    Oh it could have been decent value, Im just not sure the giants needed another weakside guy, they have a bunch. They need a stack and shed guy to play middle, or a bigger more physical guy to play SAM

Giants LBs make no splash plays.. I just would have loved to add Greene, Ogletree or Arthur Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Giants LBs make no splash plays.. I just would have loved to add Greene, Ogletree or Arthur Brown
    Ogletree and Greene are just strictly weakside guys though. Brown at least could play inside.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    I could care less about college accomplishments personally. It's all about how they project to the NFL.
    ok well you get those accomplishments by being a good player on the field. He didn't get those awards during on the bench or doing the best at the combine. He got them on the field were it counts.
    Last edited by BigJ; 04-27-2013 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxnygmen View Post
    We move up in fourth to grab a QB who will be on the practice squad.
    If he was placed on the practice squad, another team would sign him instantly. He'll either make the roster or get cut. I doubt it'll be the latter.

Starter
    And you guys can say what you want but the fact is we picked a a backup QB over a line backer that can compete to start on this team. We do have Eli Manning. I don't know what some of you are actually exited about getting Nassib, he'll obviously never see the field. Best possible solution is we trade him f for something down the line

This is not that out of the ordinary. The Patriots have Mallet, Eagles have Foles, the Redskins took Cousins in the same draft as RG3 of all things. Look what starved teams will do for qbs these days, Kevin Kolb and Matt Flynn didn't exactly go for cheap. I'm not a huge fan of the pick, but i get it. I'm not sure what everyone makes such a big deal about the first two picks. It's clear we needed someone who could play tackle, and with the huge run on offensive linemen Pugh was the best on the board with a significant drop off after him. As for Hankins, we couldn't stop the run with **** last year, is a run stuffing DT really a bad pick when you consider it as a boost to our run defense? I think this was a great draft, we improved at OL, improved our run defense as well as DE depth and much needed pass rush. Nassib could provide a ransom down the road, and then we have a massive safety who will probably move to LB and aid in coverage against big tight ends. This was a great draft, trust the process, it's better than you think.

You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts.

+ Reply to Thread