+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    We're talking about the 4th round.. Not the 1st, Would be a great value Greene was all over the field making plays at Rutgers..maybe I'm just a Greene homer..
    I agree. As a Rutgers alumni I have watched many of their games. Greene was a major factor in a very good Rutgers defense. And his speed, range, and cover skills make him an excellent prospect in a cover-2 defense.There is a reason why the bears had the #5 defense and the giants had the #31 defense.....be because they put a much higher emphasis on linebackers who can fly.The giants drafted a kid who will be carrying a clipboard. The bears drafted a linebacker who can blanket a tight end and chase down guys like RG3, Kaepernick, Vick and Russell Wilson
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-27-2013 at 09:45 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    he'll obviously never see the field.
    We don't know that. History has shown that every quarterback gets hurt somewhere along the line. No-one is invincible.

Starter
    And someone mentioned before we moved up to grab a QB of all positions and we pass over Shariff Floyd in the first to just grab a DT in the second who wont bring what Floyd could to this Defense i was amazed that we passed on him also

And someone mentioned before we moved up to grab a QB of all positions and we pass over Shariff Floyd in the first to just grab a DT in the second who wont bring what Floyd could to this Defense i was amazed that we passed on him also
    NO one knows what any of these players will bring to any team. They are UNPROVEN ROOKIES. How about we all wait until after this season to really see what's up?

We went into this draft needing alot of help at OL and LB. Unless Moore and cooper are converted to linebacker, I would argue that they neglected to address a huge need going into the draft.Maybe Reese will do something else in free agency, but if Dan Connor was the solution I don't see this defense riding up from its doormat status of 2012.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    We don't know that. History has shown that every quarterback gets hurt somewhere along the line. No-one is invincible.
    Thats true and its great to have a good back up. But i guess its more of the fact the Green was on the board alll the way in the 4th and we didnt take him when we could use him considering our lbers are terrible.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    We went into this draft needing alot of help at OL and LB. Unless Moore and cooper are converted to linebacker, I would argue that they neglected to address a huge need going into the draft.Maybe Reese will do something else in free agency, but if Dan Connor was the solution I don't see this defense riding up from its doormat status of 2012.
    The problem is tgey look at Connor as the solution when alls he is is a career backup.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    The OL wouldnt have lasted one pick after the giants, bears would have taken him at 20.
    And if not the Bears the Cowboys would have.

The problem is tgey look at Connor as the solution when alls he is is a career backup.
    He's a stopgap. The FO doesn't think he's a long term solution.

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts.
    "THERE HASNT BEEN A SINGLE PRO BOWL CALIBER LINEBACKER THAT WE HAVE PASSED "ON are you kidding me haha alls we do is pass on linebackers. There are a bunch of good linebackers we never take that are pro bowl caliber. You are the moron. Its more of the fact with Kaseem that we passed over him all the way in the 4th round. Thats a great 4th round pick considering our lb situation. We are talking about a 4th not a first or second round pick here