+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    If he was placed on the practice squad, another team would sign him instantly. He'll either make the roster or get cut. I doubt it'll be the latter.
    Something I said would never happen may happen; we will probably carry 3 QBs on the roster this season.

We need someone new to carry the clipboard for the next 4 years.

We'll carry 2 QB's. We never should have wasted the pick on a "never play a down in NY". Rohmer, Lorenzen, Palmer. It doesn't stop. I didn't want greene, would have been happy with ogletree or Jones

Quote Originally Posted by TennisMenace View Post
    We need someone new to carry the clipboard for the next 4 years.
    Eli is only under contract for another three years. Anything can happen during that span. Say Eli regresses and the (presumably new) 2016 coaching staff wishes to go in a different direction? We just don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by bearbryant View Post
    We'll carry 2 QB's. We never should have wasted the pick on a "never play a down in NY". Rohmer, Lorenzen, Palmer. It doesn't stop. I didn't want greene, would have been happy with ogletree or Jones
    I don't think they'd feel safe going into a season with a rookie as the only other quarterback. Keeping three would make sense, but at the expense of which other position, I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Eli is only under contract for another three years. Anything can happen during that span. Say Eli regresses and the (presumably new) 2016 coaching staff wishes to go in a different direction? We just don't know.

I don't think they'd feel safe going into a season with a rookie as the only other quarterback. Keeping three would make sense, but at the expense of which other position, I'm not sure.
    We have a lot of DT and S on the roster right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    He's a stopgap. The FO doesn't think he's a long term solution.
    Yeah we need him to hold down the fort on this 31st ranked defense until a younger mediocre replacement can be found. Pure genius right there.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    "THERE HASNT BEEN A SINGLE PRO BOWL CALIBER LINEBACKER THAT WE HAVE PASSED "ON are you kidding me haha alls we do is pass on linebackers. There are a bunch of good linebackers we never take that are pro bowl caliber. You are the moron. Its more of the fact with Kaseem that we passed over him all the way in the 4th round. Thats a great 4th round pick considering our lb situation. We are talking about a 4th not a first or second round pick here
    u-mad-1.jpg

Veteran
    Greene is not that good any won't make any difference on this defense

I've got no problem with it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Yeah we need him to hold down the fort on this 31st ranked defense until a younger mediocre replacement can be found. Pure genius right there.
    If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then.