+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I've got no problem with it.
    I went on record last night that I wouldn't mind if we picked up a Qb that could either serve as a long term back up or potential trade bait. I would have preferred we didn't trade up to do so

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    ^^ says the GM of the Bears.
    Yeah that dude thinks he knows everything it's so anniying

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    Yeah that dude thinks he knows everything it's so anniying
    Pugh still wouldn't have made it past the Cowboys even if the Bears didn't take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then.
    LB play is important to me....without it, the defense suffers. See 2012 for a perfect example.

In 2007, the Giants had Kawika Mitchell and Antonio Pierce.....they were good, not great LBs. In 2011, Boley and Blackburn had good seasons....Boley had a bad season in 2012, and Chase simply didn't have the speed, nor any help from the front 4.

This notion that we can get by with the front 4 is a complete fantasy.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-28-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    LB play is important to me....without it, the defense suffers. See 2012 for a perfect example.
    2012 was more about the DL not playing well. We go as the DL goes, not the LBs.

I understand the value with Nassib in the 4th, but I would rather have had Green.

And I would have rather have taken Okafor in the 3rd than Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by JJC7301 View Post
    I understand the value with Nassib in the 4th, but I would rather have had Green.And I would have rather have taken Okafor in the 3rd than Moore.
    yea I like Okafor also, but at that point I'm happy we got either

2012 was more about the DL not playing well. We go as the DL goes, not the LBs.
    In 2011, the defense looked completely lost until Blackburn was re-signed off his living room couch. The turnaround began during that Green Bay game.

In 2011, Boley was a stud. In 2012, his play sagged along with Tuck, Webster, Canty, etc.

In 2007, Kawika Mitchell made an impact, and Antonio Pierce was arguably the best linebacker we've had since Armstead.

I'm not going to minimize the importance of the defensive line, especially in a 4-3. But I looking at this defense going into 2013, if someone had to pick a weak spot, surely it's linebacker.

If Moore and/or Cooper can get worked into a conversion/hybrid role that allows them to either be linebackers or handle some of their chores (covering TE, covering RB in flat, ranging sideline-sideline, things look alot better.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    In 2011, the defense looked completely lost until Blackburn was re-signed off his living room couch. The turnaround began during that Green Bay game.

In 2011, Boley was a stud. In 2012, his play sagged along with Tuck, Webster, Canty, etc.

In 2007, Kawika Mitchell made an impact, and Antonio Pierce was arguably the best linebacker we've had since Armstead.

I'm not going to minimize the importance of the defensive line, especially in a 4-3. But I looking at this defense going into 2013, if someone had to pick a weak spot, surely it's linebacker.

If Moore and/or Cooper can get worked into a conversion/hybrid role that allows them to either be linebackers or handle some of their chores (covering TE, covering RB in flat, ranging sideline-sideline, things look alot better.
    You can live in your little fantasy world where it was the LBs that made those defenses. The rest of out here in the real world will still know that it was the defensive line (and in particular the DEs) that made those defenses tick.

You can live in your little fantasy world where it was the LBs that made those defenses. The rest of out here in the real world will still know that it was the defensive line (and in particular the DEs) that made those defenses tick.
    You're the one that is completely discounting the importance of the linebacker position. Hope you enjoyed last season, because that's reality.

- Emlen Tunnell