+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: who else is mad we passed over Kaseem Green in the 4TH and took Nassib?????

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    LB play is important to me....without it, the defense suffers. See 2012 for a perfect example.

In 2007, the Giants had Kawika Mitchell and Antonio Pierce.....they were good, not great LBs. In 2011, Boley and Blackburn had good seasons....Boley had a bad season in 2012, and Chase simply didn't have the speed, nor any help from the front 4.

This notion that we can get by with the front 4 is a complete fantasy.
    ERRRRRR WRONG! Any defensive success we've had has been because of our front 4 rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    ERRRRRR WRONG! Any defensive success we've had has been because of our front 4 rotation.
    I've never said the DE's weren't important. My point is that this defense needs solid play out of their linebackers.....that was the case in 2007 and 2011.

Fact is, Mitchell and Pierce were very important players in 2007, and Boley and Blackburn in 2011.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    If LB play is so important to you go be a fan of the Bears or Steelers fan, then.
    What? Who the he'll says that haha. Is it wrong to want a linebacker that makes an impact?? Could you imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Pat Willis with this Dline.... Its a very weak position on this team. The Dline can't do it all. Who wouldn't want an impact line backer that's also a leader. Not saying Kaseem is that but that's the dumbest statement iv seen in a while. That's like someone complaining about RB and saying if running back is so important Y don't you just go be a Vikings fan already. What a dumb thing to say.... It will only help our D

Quote Originally Posted by BigJ View Post
    What? Who the he'll says that haha. Is it wrong to want a linebacker that makes an impact?? Could you imagine what it would be like to have a guy like Pat Willis with this Dline.... Its a very weak position on this team. The Dline can't do it all. Who wouldn't want an impact line backer that's also a leader. Not saying Kaseem is that but that's the dumbest statement iv seen in a while. That's like someone complaining about RB and saying if running back is so important Y don't you just go be a Vikings fan already. What a dumb thing to say.... It will only help our D
    You make an excellent point, but it's like talking to a brick wall with Drez. Anyone who appreciates good linebackers is living in a fantasy land, apparently.

I'm officially over it now. It is what it is. Maybe Moore and/or Cooper Taylor will step into a LB hybrid position, maybe Dan Connor takes a step up from his current career plateau. Maybe Dansby gets the look he deserves. Or maybe we get the UDFA Linebacker version of Victor Cruz in 2013.

Looking on the bright side, this Nassib kid looks like he can play, and in a best case scenario they have a long term succession plan for when Eli retires.

Whatever the case, this video mellowed me out.

Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-28-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Oh it could have been decent value, Im just not sure the giants needed another weakside guy, they have a bunch. They need a stack and shed guy to play middle, or a bigger more physical guy to play SAM
    That was my problem with Greene, he's a WILL, I don't see him as a MIKE at all and we have WILLs...

Quote Originally Posted by PRGiant View Post
    That was my problem with Greene, he's a WILL, I don't see him as a MIKE at all and we have WILLs...
    As far as I'm concerned we need ANY good Lb, I don't care wich spot the guy would play....it's not like we have anyone good.....Williams is our best LB & that's not a good thing....Connor & rivers original teams did not shed any tears when they left....

not mad in the slightest. nice pickup in the 4th. could be steal of the draft.

I think we found our new Jeff Hostetler..

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    You morons act like every linebacker that we've passed on has become pro bowlers or something. A matter a fact, most of the linebackers you guys have been high on in the last few drafts haven't amounted to much. So relax. There hasn't been a single pro bowl caliber linebacker that we have passed on in the last few drafts.
    Lavonte David last year comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by wideright91 View Post
    Lavonte David last year comes to mind.
    they didnt really pass on him though, unless you wanted to take him a full round earlier.. He went like 5 picks before the giants picked in the 2nd. Had he still been on the board, perhaps they take him.

+ Reply to Thread