+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Romo practicing today

Romo is looking pretty good throwing the ball today only problem he seems to be having is with the center exchange. Hopefully that will get worked out before the game. Looks like everyone that could possibly get healthy enough to play is going to be ready.

Re: Romo practicing today

[quote user="GrouchyGus"]Romo is looking pretty good throwing the ball today only problem he seems to be having is with the center exchange. Hopefully that will get worked out before the game. Looks like everyone that could possibly get healthy enough to play is going to be ready.[/quote]Thanks for the update Jerry and don't for a second we are buyingyour disinformation campaign coming out of Texas. Swollen hands don'tgrip footballs very well.[]
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player

Guess, we'll have to wait until Sunday to find out if he can grip the ball or not. I think some of you Gmen are hoping he can't. Don't be surprised when he lights you up on Sunday.

All-Pro

[quote user="Big_D"]Guess, we'll have to wait until Sunday to find out if he can grip the ball or not. I think some of you Gmen are hoping he can't. Don't be surprised when he lights you up on Sunday.[/quote]
    Want him at 100 percent when we light you up. That way I won't have to hear your excuses when we beat you.

Knowing romo who played with broken ribs this won't be an issue for him. Had the game vs Philly actually meant something I have no doubt he would have stayed in and played the entire game. Pulling him was just precautionary.

Final prediction. Giants 35 cowboys 31
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

And Cruz is practicing too. ( His Salsa Dance )

All-Pro

[quote user="BlueBlitzer"]And Cruz is practicing too. ( His Salsa Dance )[/quote]
    Let's hope we see that dance at least 3times Sunday Night
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Big_D"]Guess, we'll have to wait until Sunday to find out if he can grip the ball or not. I think some of you Gmen are hoping he can't. Don't be surprised when he lights you up on Sunday.[/quote]

With Tony's history of playoff anti-heroics all we can do is wonder how he will blow it this year.

8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

Too much emphasis is placed on the QB position. Defense is still key in winning in the playoffs or games that 'matter'.

It's no coincidence that Eli Manning has gotten exponentially better since the superbowl win, yet the Giants have consistently gotten worse with the inability to replace the production of key components to the superbowl winning defense.

And as Casvdry stated, Romo's never had a solid o'line or solid defense.
    Great talent on the defensive side of the ball. But it has yet to come
    together for the Cowboys.

I've stated that I'm done defending Romo, and to some extent, I am. I think there are better options out there for the Cowboys (maybe not at the moment) and a lot of aspects of his gameplay leave a lot to be desired.

But As critical of Romo as I've been this year I can't deny that with better team effort Romo plays much better as well. He's no different that any other QB in that regard.

He may not be the most 'clutch' QB, but I think his 'chokes' are greatly exaggerated because of two things.

1.) He's the cowboys QB.
    2.) the fumbled snap to set the tone for the rest of his career.

There's only one game in Romo's entire career where I've felt that he lost the game despite winning effort from the entire team around him, and that was this year's opener against the Jets.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Too much emphasis is placed on the QB position. Defense is still key in winning in the playoffs or games that 'matter'.

It's no coincidence that Eli Manning has gotten exponentially better since the superbowl win, yet the Giants have consistently gotten worse with the inability to replace the production of key components to the superbowl winning defense.

I've stated that I'm done defending Romo, and to some extent, I am. I think there are better options out there for the Cowboys (maybe not at the moment) and a lot of aspects of his gameplay leave a lot to be desired.

But As critical of Romo as I've been this year I can't deny that with better team effort Romo plays much better as well. He's no different that any other QB in that regard.

He may not be the most 'clutch' QB, but I think his 'chokes' are greatly exaggerated because of two things.

1.) He's the cowboys QB.

There's only one game in Romo's entire career where I've felt that he lost the game despite winning effort from the entire team around him, and that was this year's opener against the Jets.
    [/quote]I will be the first to admit that i have somewhat more limited knowledge than most here when it comes to Romo. I think he seems to press too much at times when he doesnt have to. I saw one game a few weeks back where you guys had a sizeable lead late in the game and he was making these horrible throws. I think one got picked for a TD deep in your end.....There is no denying his regular season numbers are up there with the best of them. Playoff numbers and wins are what seperate him from the rest.

[quote user="Ntegrase96"]Too much emphasis is placed on the QB position. Defense is still key in winning in the playoffs or games that 'matter'.

1.) He's the cowboys QB.

[/quote]I will be the first to admit that i have somewhat more limited knowledge than most here when it comes to Romo. I think he seems to press too much at times when he doesnt have to. I saw one game a few weeks back where you guys had a sizeable lead late in the game and he was making these horrible throws. I think one got picked for a TD deep in your end.....There is no denying his regular season numbers are up there with the best of them. Playoff numbers and wins are what seperate him from the rest.