why did everyone want a corner well lets take a look...
1. Webster is coming into the last year of his contract, prob will not be re-signed
2. Prince is the only starting caliber corner currently on the roster (let's hope C-web regains his form)
3. T2 is one hit away from retiring
4. Ross is Ross...hes a decent backup but not a starting caliber corner
5. Hosley is undersized to be a outside corner, and let's face it he didn't look that great last year. Maybe he will turn into a good slot corner at best
31st in passing yards per game..atrocious
18 pass plays of more than 30 yards this season (tied for the third-most in the league)
that is why we think we need corners
I didn't nessecarily want a corner, but there was great value at CB, and were not exactly lighting the world on fire with our pass defense, so why not take a guy like Xavier Rhodes in RD1, or Jamar Taylor in RD2, both of whom provided great value at a positon that is clearly a questoin mark?
I mean just look at week one. Week freaking one Justin Tryon had to play in clutch time. If that doesn't show you that CB depth is a must then I don't know what to do.
Dream Draft v1
(Trade ~10th overall pick for ~20th and ~50th overall picks)
1. Mike Evans, WR
2. Cyril Richardson, OG
2. Bradley Roby, CB
3. Antone Exum, FS
4. Josh Mauro, DE
5. Zac Kerin, C
6. Silas Redd, RB
7. Preston Brown, ILB