+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why did so many people want a CB?

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Most likely are going to need a DE next year still as Moore wont solve their edge rushing issues
    I agree Moore is very over rated. Okafor could rush the passer and play the Run. I woulda passed, there was a reason he fell from the top 10 to 3rd round. Devin Taylor, Q. Smith, Okafor all would of been better players opposite JPP.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingTruck View Post
    Because we should have more faith in rookies who have done nothing in the NFL yet?
    That's certainly looking like the scenario next year when three of those veteran contracts expire.

The alternative is a possibly cost-effective signing of a mid tier veteran for a team that has some important free agents next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by BlessedinBlue22 View Post
    I agree Moore is very over rated. Okafor could rush the passer and play the Run. I woulda passed, there was a reason he fell from the top 10 to 3rd round. Devin Taylor, Q. Smith, Okafor all would of been better players opposite JPP.
    I would of taken Moore over all those guys. I just dont think he is going to be flying around the corner to often. A lot of u guys love Devin Taylor guy looks like the tin man to me out there. He has no bend in his game whatsoever.I think Taylor needs to gain a lot of weight and become a 5 tech if he is going to have any success. Okafor I thought was a borderline 3rd 4th round pick I really didnt like his tape. Q Smith intrigued me the most out of those 3 u mentioned because he was so flexible around the corner. had the Giants taken him instead I wouldnt of minded.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I would of taken Moore over all those guys. I just dont think he is going to be flying around the corner to often. A lot of u guys love Devin Taylor guy looks like the tin man to me out there. He has no bend in his game whatsoever.I think Taylor needs to gain a lot of weight and become a 5 tech if he is going to have any success. Okafor I thought was a borderline 3rd 4th round pick I really didnt like his tape. Q Smith intrigued me the most out of those 3 u mentioned because he was so flexible around the corner. had the Giants taken him instead I wouldnt of minded.
    What about lemonier. That's the guy I wanted.

Maybe because we had one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year?

It takes awhile for most corners in the league to even become decent. I'm more surprised that the giants didn't go after a cheaper vet with something still left in the tank. Like mike jenkins.. Hopefully Jayron has a better sophmore campaign although he wasn't terrible his rookie season..just nothing special. I'm not putting a whole lot of faith in t2's knees,but if the secondary stays healthy it should have a bounce back year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    C-Web: I think you called him "toaster" or "toast"
    Prince: solid, no complaints here except for lack of playing time
    T2: three ACL or whatever tears... extremely unreliable.
    Hosley: Unproven... slot corner for the most part
    Ross: Took a "vacation" in FL- Nough' said...

Then we have DEPTH aka #6 or #7 CB's: DEPTH!?!?!?

i'll make this whole group simple and describe them in one word: WHO?
    Trumaine McBride
    Antonio Dennard
    Terrence Frederick
    Buddy Jackson
    David Caldwell
    SMH AT THESE POSTS... IIRC you were calling for Webster's head at the beginning of the off-season...

again, IIRC.. not calling you out...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueSabbath View Post
    Maybe because we had one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL last year?
    ...Too logical, man.

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by giantscolombia View Post
    SMH AT THESE POSTS... IIRC you were calling for Webster's head at the beginning of the off-season...

again, IIRC.. not calling you out...
    Dude talk English, not robot. I dont understand a word you're saying.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I didn't nessecarily want a corner, but there was great value at CB, and were not exactly lighting the world on fire with our pass defense, so why not take a guy like Xavier Rhodes in RD1, or Jamar Taylor in RD2, both of whom provided great value at a positon that is clearly a questoin mark?
    because that would take too much common sense

+ Reply to Thread