+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Steelers, Bears, and formerly, the Giants

The NFL now has two franchises with a tradition on great linebackers. The Giants and there 31st ranked defense no longer should be permitted in that discussion.A tradition that is not maintained is no longer a tradition, but rather, a memory.So, the Giants have a past history of great linebackers, but no longer a tradition.Maybe some time down the road things will change. But not now and not in the foreseeable future.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    their tradition has pretty much shifted from linebackers to defenisve end.

That tradition has just switched to DE instead of LB. Stop being so melodramitc.

Veteran
    plus back then they had the 3-4 defense. they have been playing the 4-3 defense for quite a while now so they havent focused on game changing linebackers as much.

It went from LT, Banks and Carson to J Will, Connor and Rivers.. pretty dang good

harsh crowd...I always thought the Tradition was tough, blue-collar/working-man's team, no frills...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

Eat a Snickers.

Just making a point, based on the definition of "tradition".We can still say that the Giants have a history of great linebackers , but not a tradition according to the proper usage of the word.

And it is a fading history.....you would have to go back to Jessie Armstead....that was probably when the tradition ended, unless I am forgetting someone.

Antonio pierce deserves honorable mention
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-27-2013 at 11:53 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Just making a point, based on the definition of "tradition".We can still say that the Giants have a history of great linebackers , but not a tradition according to the proper usage of the word.
    When we played a 34 we had a great tradition of LBs. Now that we play a 43, that has transitioned to DE. I don't see why that is such a difficult concept.

I can't stand ignorant fans that watch the game but never understand what they are watching. Not even on a pedestrian level.
    As much as I love LT, Carson and the old school, in a 4-3 defense defensive linemen are more important than linebackers.
    Last edited by BROADWAYSTORM; 04-27-2013 at 11:58 PM.