+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers, Bears, and formerly, the Giants

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Big ****ing deal.We've won 2 of the past 6 with mediocre LBs and great DEs. We now have a tradition of great pass rushing ends. What does it matter that we don't have "great" LBs anymore. Stop romanticizing the past. You're ex isn't any prettier or less of a ***** just because you aren't happy with your current girlfriend.
    You seem to be getting pretty upset about this.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Actually, this thread is about nfl traditions. I am merely pointing out that the giants tradition of great linebackers is past history. If you want to talk about Super Bowls that is great but it is not what I'm discussing here.
    Would rather have rings than traditions. Bears fans would agree, believe it.

I'd say the Ravens LB unit was questionable last season. Ray Lewis was just an injured legacy at that point and Ellerbe is way too young to really grade out. Maybe he was just playing good because his team was on a run? The Ravens really won the SB because of the passing offense more than anything else honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Here's the tradition I like: Winning a SB in each of the past 3 decades.

This would be an excellent point in a thread entitled "Would you rather win a Super Bowl or have a great tradition?"The Giants have won more Nfl championships with great linebackers than mediocre linebackers. And if not for Eli manning, there would be only 2 Super Bowls. But let's stay on topic or else start another one. Thanks.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

This would be an excellent point in a thread entitled "Would you rather win a Super Bowl or have a great tradition?"The Giants have won more Nfl championships with great linebackers than mediocre linebackers. And if not for Eli manning, there would be only 2 Super Bowls. But let's stay on topic or else start another one. Thanks.
    I'm sorry, all I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAA.

All-Pro
    Then what's your point? That the Giants are not a LB dominant team? They have not been for about 20 years and during that time they have won two Championships. Everything is about Championships. They play to win the game. Oh, didn't know that Eli was the one that stopped the greatest offense to ever play in 2007. Thought it was the defense that beat the snot out of the Patriots. Same thing a year ago.

Then what's your point? That the Giants are not a LB dominant team? They have not been for about 20 years and during that time they have won two Championships. Everything is about Championships. They play to win the game.
    My point is stated in the original thread post.....the bears and the steelers have a tradition on great linebackers. The giants used to have that tradition, but it is over now.

- Emlen Tunnell

Would this thread had been made if we took a LB in the first 3 rounds? Be honest lol

All-Pro
    My point is stated in the original thread post.....the bears and the steelers have a tradition on great linebackers. The giants used to have that tradition, but it is over now.
    So what's the point of bringing that up especially since they have not had dominant LB's in about 20 years? Maybe because they didn't draft one today?

+ Reply to Thread