+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The game has changed since LT, Banks and Carson.

TE's are more relevant then they were before.

a good pulling guard is too
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

All-Pro
    Sorry but when was the last time the Bears won anything? The Giants and their lack of great LB's won the Super Bowl just one year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    When we played a 34 we had a great tradition of LBs. Now that we play a 43, that has transitioned to DE. I don't see why that is such a difficult concept.
    Sam Huff, one of the greatest linebackers in the history of the game, flourished under a 4-3 system designed by Tom Landry.

Next.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

I'm sorry, Buddy333, but you must have taken a wrong turn. This is not talking about Super Bowls. But the last Super Bowl champion had some decent linebackers, too. In fact we might add the Ravens to the list alongside the steelers and the bears.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Everything is about the Super Bowl. The Giants won the Super Bowl twice in the last 6 years without elite LB's.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    The NFL now has two franchises with a tradition on great linebackers. The Giants and there 31st ranked defense no longer should be permitted in that discussion.A tradition that is not maintained is no longer a tradition, but rather, a memory.So, the Giants have a past history of great linebackers, but no longer a tradition.Maybe some time down the road things will change. But not now and not in the foreseeable future.
    Are you trying to make me cry?

Big ****ing deal.

We've won 2 of the past 6 with mediocre LBs and great DEs. We now have a tradition of great pass rushing ends. What does it matter that we don't have "great" LBs anymore.

Stop romanticizing the past. You're ex isn't any prettier or less of a ***** just because you aren't happy with your current girlfriend.

Actually, this thread is about nfl traditions. I am merely pointing out that the giants tradition of great linebackers is past history. If you want to talk about Super Bowls that is great but it is not what I'm discussing here.

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Actually, this thread is about nfl traditions. I am merely pointing out that the giants tradition of great linebackers is past history. If you want to talk about Super Bowls that is great but it is not what I'm discussing here.
    So, outside of Huff and the 80's, where's the tradition?

And this thread isn't about traditions. It's about you passive aggressively *****ing about our current LB condition.