+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    I'm sorry, all I hear is WAAAAAAAAAAAA.
    Again, sorry if you are having a problem with the comments.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Would this thread had been made if we took a LB in the first 3 rounds? Be honest lol
    That's what this is all about.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    My point is stated in the original thread post.....the bears and the steelers have a tradition on great linebackers. The giants used to have that tradition, but it is over now.
    i get what your saying but that tradition has been over for a while now. like you said the last really impactful linebacker we had was probably jessie armstead.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Big ****ing deal.

We've won 2 of the past 6 with mediocre LBs and great DEs. We now have a tradition of great pass rushing ends. What does it matter that we don't have "great" LBs anymore.

Stop romanticizing the past. You're ex isn't any prettier or less of a ***** just because you aren't happy with your current girlfriend.
    Correction 1 DE...as in JPP..the rest are "Meh" Whole season of film last year to back that up too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Would this thread had been made if we took a LB in the first 3 rounds? Be honest lol
    That is a good question.If the giants had some really good linebackers right now, I am pretty positive this thread wouldn't exist But the facts are not pleasant.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

The NFL now has two franchises with a tradition on great linebackers. The Giants and there 31st ranked defense no longer should be permitted in that discussion.A tradition that is not maintained is no longer a tradition, but rather, a memory.So, the Giants have a past history of great linebackers, but no longer a tradition.Maybe some time down the road things will change. But not now and not in the foreseeable future.
    Well, I guess you and a few others here don't really know your Giants history. The tradition for the Giants has always been about great defenses. Not just great linebackers

The Giants in the 1950's invented the 43 defense. Andy Robustelli, Rosey Brown, Rosey Grier, etc.....they were anchors on that front line. The Giants didn't switch to a 34 defense until the late 70's and the emphasis naturally switched to the linebacker. Now we're back to the 43 where the DE's & DT's are priority.

And BTW the Steelers during the Steel Curtain era it was Dwight White, LC Greenwood and Joe Green who were the true stars.

Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    Correction 1 DE...as in JPP..the rest are "Meh" Whole season of film last year to back that up too.
    Both Tuck and Osi played very well in the run, plus their play prior to the '11 SB was very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Papa B. View Post
    Well, I guess you and a few others here don't really know your Giants history. The tradition for the Giants has always been about great defenses. Not just great linebackers

The Giants in the 1950's invented the 43 defense. Andy Robustelli, Rosey Brown, Rosey Grier, etc.....they were anchors on that front line. The Giants didn't switch to a 34 defense until the late 70's and the emphasis naturally switched to the linebacker. Now we're back to the 43 where the DE's & DT's are priority.

And BTW the Steelers during the Steel Curtain era it was Dwight White, LC Greenwood and Joe Green who were the true stars.
    I would redirect you to my prior comments regarding Sam Huff......Tom Landry pioneered the 4-3 specifically to maximize the talents of Sam Huff at the MLB position, in order to counter the likes of Jim Brown.

The great 4-3 defenses have included some of the greatest linebackers in the game.

The Steelers.....Jack Lambert, Jack Ham.
    The Green Bay Packers.....Ray Nietzchke
    The Chicago Bears....Butkus

Honestly, I now regret making this thread....I didn't mean to generate so much misinformation and fantasy from my fellow Giants fans.

Mods.....please rename this thread to "The Giants have great linebackers and the NFL's best defense". Thanks.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 04-28-2013 at 12:04 AM.

- Emlen Tunnell

Mods.....please rename this thread to "The Giants have great linebackers and the NFL's best defense". Thanks.
    More like rename it to: "passive aggressive fan whining about not drafting a LB."