+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    More like rename it to: "passive aggressive fan whining about not drafting a LB."
    Or perhaps: "Drez jumps into a thread, doesn't like the subject matter, and decides to make it into a completely different topic."
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Or perhaps: "Drez jumps into a thread, doesn't like the subject matter, and decides to make it into a completely different topic."
    The topic is just a passive aggressive stab at not drafting a LB. Even though we haven't been LB-centric team in well over a decade. We're about DEs now, not LBs. It really isn't a big deal.

The topic is just a passive aggressive stab at not drafting a LB. Even though we haven't been LB-centric team in well over a decade. We're about DEs now, not LBs. It really isn't a big deal.
    So, making a comment, based on evidence, is passive-aggressive?

Sorry Drez, just one more thing we don't agree about. Like you said, no big deal.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

So, making a comment, based on evidence, is passive-aggressive?

Sorry Drez, just one more thing we don't agree about. Like you said, no big deal.
    No, I'm just able to see through the thinly veiled passive aggressiveness of the topic, as this topic isn't some sort of new revelation... It's been since the late 80's/early 90's since we've had a dominant crew of LBs.

This thread amounts to you crying about not drafting a LB.

No, I'm just able to see through the thinly veiled passive aggressiveness of the topic, as this topic isn't some sort of new revelation... It's been since the late 80's/early 90's since we've had a dominant crew of LBs.

This thread amounts to you crying about not drafting a LB.
    This thread is me making a statement, and you getting bent over it.

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Both Tuck and Osi played very well in the run, plus their play prior to the '11 SB was very good.
    JPP getting double/triple teamed all year long and he still led that line in Sacks. I'm sorry but if you got one guy on that Line demanding that much attention every single down then the rest of that line better look like all stars.

Formerly Brandon Jacobs

Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    I think they are talking about drafted not undrafted free agents. We seem to find some folks in our free agent groups so maybe that is where our linebacker will come from. Remember Pierce was undrafted as well.

And it is a fading history.....you would have to go back to Jessie Armstead....that was probably when the tradition ended, unless I am forgetting someone.

Antonio pierce deserves honorable mention
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by BROADWAYSTORM View Post
    ...in a 4-3 defense defensive linemen are more important than linebackers.
    Great point ! thus the D-End and D-Tackle acquisitions...

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

The NFL now has two franchises with a tradition on great linebackers. The Giants and there 31st ranked defense no longer should be permitted in that discussion.A tradition that is not maintained is no longer a tradition, but rather, a memory.So, the Giants have a past history of great linebackers, but no longer a tradition.Maybe some time down the road things will change. But not now and not in the foreseeable future.
    Teams evolve, we won two super bowls with so-so linebackers
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1