+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    No, I'm just able to see through the thinly veiled passive aggressiveness of the topic, as this topic isn't some sort of new revelation... It's been since the late 80's/early 90's since we've had a dominant crew of LBs.

This thread amounts to you crying about not drafting a LB.
    Duly noted. Now stop

so whats worse..
    Not drafting a LBr ot losing the tradition of goood LBs
    or members psychoanalyzing other members.......

hmmmm......I say the latter. Sounds like more than one member here is "crying".....IMO
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post
    Would this thread had been made if we took a LB in the first 3 rounds? Be honest lol
    BIG BLUE ATTACK!!!!! Haaaa no serious note you're right but that's the point of it all

Not really concerned with keeping tradition of a position just for the sake of keeping with tradition. If I have a choice between a good Dline and average LBers or good Lbers and an average Dline in a 4-3, I'm taking good Dline all day.

If you can get both, fine. But it just hasn't materialized, so be it.

All I want is a Run Stopping Defense.... could care less if it is expressed by Ends or Backers.

Just get off the field on 3rd and short for crying out loud.

Yes having a guy go sideline to sideline would be a great bonus esp. with stretch plays, screens and the new flavor of read-option and/or wildcats.

Run Defense should be a priority. That and a decent, legitimate Pass Rush.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

I do find it funny that the Bears lose Urlacher and they draft 2 LBs in the first 3 rounds. The Ravens lose a LB and draft one right away. Same with the Steelers. Out goes Harrison and in comes Jarvis Jones (who will be the steal of the draft).

We lose Osi and we draft Demontre Moore, pretty much a wash there. But NO LBs? Looks like Herz is the MLB... :-(
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

Veteran
    We were also once a ground and pound team but fortunately the giants have evolved with the league and embraced the new rules - found a stud qb and some great playmaker recievers (which was never there tradition either).

They have stuck to the pattern of getting to opposing qb's but in the 4-3 obviously, as many have stated, the ends do more of that work.

I have no interest in the giants having to do what they always did, the league evolves and so have they. Well done by a traditional and very intellectual organization moving toward the future. Giants were one of first teams to use pff for stats and to evolve the technology in all practices. Traditional does not mean stuck in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    The NFL now has two franchises with a tradition on great linebackers. The Giants and there 31st ranked defense no longer should be permitted in that discussion.A tradition that is not maintained is no longer a tradition, but rather, a memory.So, the Giants have a past history of great linebackers, but no longer a tradition.Maybe some time down the road things will change. But not now and not in the foreseeable future.
    Is this post an emotional response to us not going after Ogletree or Arthur Brown? JR is trying to win championships, not maintain legacies. We got the players he and his crew thought would help us win.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I do find it funny that the Bears lose Urlacher and they draft 2 LBs in the first 3 rounds. The Ravens lose a LB and draft one right away. Same with the Steelers. Out goes Harrison and in comes Jarvis Jones (who will be the steal of the draft).

We lose Osi and we draft Demontre Moore, pretty much a wash there. But NO LBs? Looks like Herz is the MLB... :-(
    Herzy over Connor, I seriously doubt it.

Tradition is not always a good thing, sometimes it's better to just let it fade away. Do you know in parts of Africa and the Middle East female circumcision is a "tradition'? And I think we can all agree that it's not really a good one... Unless, of course, she pisses you off, then hack away, my friend.