+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Veteran joeybagadonutz23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    926

    I guess I'm in the minority...

    I went into this draft hoping that we'd draft three OL in the first 3 rounds. I'll take 1 OL and DL though. Our DL got pushed all over last year. He haven't had a good run stopper in a while and Tuck is flat out over-rated these days. Not the same guy we signed after 2007. Adding two more solid DL is nice. Exciting? Not really. But once Cruz is re-signed to play with Nicks, Randle and Wilson how much more excitement to you need?

    We could have used a little help at corner, but TT should be back, Ross is back, Webster hopefully rebounds (I don't want to see him playing against #1 receivers anymore) and Amakamura looked solid last year. That's not bad.

    Everyone wants to see a solid MLB wearing blue...maybe next year. For now the lines look a little better than they did last year and that's a good thing. I actually like this draft.

  2. #2
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    75
    I am with you. I might be the only one who likes the Nassib pick...

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tx
    Posts
    2,664
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonutz23 View Post

    We could have used a little help at corner, but TT should be back, Ross is back, Webster hopefully rebounds (I don't want to see him playing against #1 receivers anymore) and Amakamura looked solid last year. That's not bad.
    No, it's not bad, but I was hoping it would be shored up more. As you said a run stopper is needed.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    No, it's not bad, but I was hoping it would be shored up more. As you said a run stopper is needed.
    true, could have gotten Jesse Williams much later though..

  5. #5
    I'm fine with the draft. OL and DL were the team's biggest failings last year, and the team made an effort to address them early. Wasn't expecting a quarterback, but he was just sitting there so why not. The move gives the team options for the future as well as providing a long-term, low-cost #2.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I'm fine with the draft. OL and DL were the team's biggest failings last year, and the team made an effort to address them early. Wasn't expecting a quarterback, but he was just sitting there so why not. The move gives the team options for the future as well as providing a long-term, low-cost #2.
    A 4th rounder and 6th rounder for a backup QB is a "low cost" ?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    A 4th rounder and 6th rounder for a backup QB is a "low cost" ?
    I meant in monetary terms. Carr costs $1 million per year, Nassib will be around half that for 3-4 years.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    A 4th rounder and 6th rounder for a backup QB is a "low cost" ?
    What are the odds of a 6th rounder even making a team like the giants.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    A 4th rounder and 6th rounder for a backup QB is a "low cost" ?
    Reese stated on NFL.com presser that his reason was.... enough said. I think many people are missing the forest for the trees
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

  10. #10
    I like our draft too. Not sure why Michael Cox, RB, but I'm sure there must be something they saw. Is he a FB?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts