+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I guess I'm in the minority...

I went into this draft hoping that we'd draft three OL in the first 3 rounds. I'll take 1 OL and DL though. Our DL got pushed all over last year. He haven't had a good run stopper in a while and Tuck is flat out over-rated these days. Not the same guy we signed after 2007. Adding two more solid DL is nice. Exciting? Not really. But once Cruz is re-signed to play with Nicks, Randle and Wilson how much more excitement to you need?

We could have used a little help at corner, but TT should be back, Ross is back, Webster hopefully rebounds (I don't want to see him playing against #1 receivers anymore) and Amakamura looked solid last year. That's not bad.

Everyone wants to see a solid MLB wearing blue...maybe next year. For now the lines look a little better than they did last year and that's a good thing. I actually like this draft.

Bench Player
    I am with you. I might be the only one who likes the Nassib pick...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonutz23 View Post

We could have used a little help at corner, but TT should be back, Ross is back, Webster hopefully rebounds (I don't want to see him playing against #1 receivers anymore) and Amakamura looked solid last year. That's not bad.
    No, it's not bad, but I was hoping it would be shored up more. As you said a run stopper is needed.
    WIN GIANTS!! WIN IT ALL!!

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    No, it's not bad, but I was hoping it would be shored up more. As you said a run stopper is needed.
    true, could have gotten Jesse Williams much later though..

I'm fine with the draft. OL and DL were the team's biggest failings last year, and the team made an effort to address them early. Wasn't expecting a quarterback, but he was just sitting there so why not. The move gives the team options for the future as well as providing a long-term, low-cost #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    I'm fine with the draft. OL and DL were the team's biggest failings last year, and the team made an effort to address them early. Wasn't expecting a quarterback, but he was just sitting there so why not. The move gives the team options for the future as well as providing a long-term, low-cost #2.
    A 4th rounder and 6th rounder for a backup QB is a "low cost" ?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBlooded1979 View Post
    I meant in monetary terms. Carr costs $1 million per year, Nassib will be around half that for 3-4 years.

What are the odds of a 6th rounder even making a team like the giants.

Reese stated on NFL.com presser that his reason was.... enough said. I think many people are missing the forest for the trees
    Formerly Brandon Jacobs

I like our draft too. Not sure why Michael Cox, RB, but I'm sure there must be something they saw. Is he a FB?