+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Re-draft....what could've been........

Quote Originally Posted by NYG4lifeNYK View Post
    You really think you're smarter than Jerry Reese eh?

If you check the thread I made, I wanted those 3 listed as well as a few others as UDFA's.

Why would we draft them when we could get them for free if we really wanted them? Of course we would have to persuade them but still. I trust Reese.
    But U cant get them for free its their choice where they end up. Drafting them they are on the team and I would agree that Id rather have those players over the 1's we got

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    But U cant get them for free its their choice where they end up. Drafting them they are on the team and I would agree that Id rather have those players over the 1's we got
    Bingo

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    The draft as a whole is severly over rated, Most teams are lucky to get 2 impactful players a year from it. The NFL as a whole is all about the who your QB is and who is coaching him...Just look at what happened with the teams who took Griffin, Luck and Wilson. The went from cellar dwellers to division champions all because of one player...QB's the one position that truly matters and its why most of us should lighten up on the Nassib pick.Every other position is completely inter changable and its why you see the same teams in contention every year...They have their QB. It's silly that people argue over who we picked in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds...95% They all suck or are completely replaceable
    +1. Juice nailed it. People need to read this then read it again so it sinks in.

Quote Originally Posted by juice33s View Post
    The draft as a whole is severly over rated, Most teams are lucky to get 2 impactful players a year from it. The NFL as a whole is all about the who your QB is and who is coaching him...Just look at what happened with the teams who took Griffin, Luck and Wilson. The went from cellar dwellers to division champions all because of one player...QB's the one position that truly matters and its why most of us should lighten up on the Nassib pick.

Every other position is completely inter changable and its why you see the same teams in contention every year...They have their QB. It's silly that people argue over who we picked in the 5th, 6th, and 7th rounds...95% They all suck or are completely replaceable
    It would seem you forgot our 2007 draft. Exactly where would Eli have taken us w/o insane catches by Tyree, Boss, and others. Can you say for sure Eli would have brought us 2 rings without Plax, Nicks, Cruz, Boss, Shockey, Snee, Stray, Osi, Tuck, Gibril Wilson, Fred Robbins, JPP, C-Web, and so many others. This isn't basketball, golf or tennis. Eli can't make a single play without the help of at least 3 teammates. He needs someone to hike it to him, then someone to block, then he needs someone to catch the ball. Football is the ultimate team sport.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 04-28-2013 at 03:53 PM.

I wish the giants brain trust would listen to some of the experts on here

+ Reply to Thread