+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: We got ILB Charles "Diesel" Dieuseul UDFA from Mount Union

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    I hate to be That Guy,but it makes me want to puke that we passed on Arthur Brown & were now hoping some LB from Mount Union can be something special
    Im with you brother..

Pine Barrens, NJ.. where we still hunt dinner.
    Quote Originally Posted by giant-4-life View Post
    Anyway the homers crying we didn't take a ILB in the draft can shut up now. the sky isn't falling is it??
    Yah because a 5' 11" UDFA from Mount Union whos yet to prove himself in the NFL is definately the answer, dummy. People like you amaze me. The kid looks great on tape, but he's def on the small side and played in a horrendous division, so I think I'll pass on saying he's our answer at ILB just yet. If you think we are set on the position then you're out of your marbles.
    Last edited by TAILGATIN'; 04-29-2013 at 02:33 PM.

I'm higher on Etienne Sabino was a 4-5 star prospect out of high school. Played at Ohio State, Good pass rusher, can cover and play run very well. Diesel looked ok, khaseem greene in the 4th would have been better value. I wish i could of been the Giants GM for this draft.We'd be in good shape coming into this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Giant303 View Post
    Vontaze Burfict went undrafted as well. kid looks good on tape lets see if he makes it through camp first. I'm liking the players the giants have brought in UDFA so far though.
    Love the Diesel tape, but this kid and Vontaze aren't really in the same boat, in terms of scouting. Vontaze was a 1st round prospect before he sabotaged himself out of the entire draft, between his character and fitness issues. Everyone knew his name going into the draft; his tape was against D1 competition.

Still, would love to see this Diesel kid translate this physicality to the next level.

Heh , we Giants fans are a funny lot.

We could draft the top 10 prospects in the draft, but if 1 of em isn't a linebacker but we managed to pick 1 up as a UDFA, the Giant fans would fall in love with him the most, it wouldn't even be close. If his name is something cool like "diesel" then its all she wrote.

We love our linebackers, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    Heh , we Giants fans are a funny lot.

We could draft the top 10 prospects in the draft, but if 1 of em isn't a linebacker but we managed to pick 1 up as a UDFA, the Giant fans would fall in love with him the most, it wouldn't even be close. If his name is something cool like "diesel" then its all she wrote.

We love our linebackers, that's for sure.
    think its called being desperate :P

People are raving about the ILB's but we did win a superbowl with Chase "The Nightmare" Blackburn. I was also mad that we didn't get Brown, but we are only looking to put pressure up the middle. I don't think any of these guys will be the solution, in fact, Connor will be the guy who will do the job. He only has to prove him self that he can stay healthy, otherwise he did a good job playing the MAC position down in Carolina.

There is no need to rave about these UDFA prospects, they still gotta make the team, and most of them will turnout to be special teamers only. We only need to stop the run, that will allow the pass rush to be more effective and the job of the ILB and CB's to be easier, that is why we drafted Jonathan Hankins.

Lets get real guys, a ILB from Mount Union will most likely not be the solution.

I wanted Brown before the draft too. but grabbing a massive DT goes much further to improving this team than drafting a MLB. According to JR they had a 1st round grade on Hankins so he fit the BPA tradition with Reese. Cooper is very similar to A.Brown except his is bigger and faster. I'm not saying cooper should be a full time LB but in 3 safety sets maybe they will drop him down into a MLB type role.

Quote Originally Posted by wideright91 View Post
    Love the Diesel tape, but this kid and Vontaze aren't really in the same boat, in terms of scouting. Vontaze was a 1st round prospect before he sabotaged himself out of the entire draft, between his character and fitness issues. Everyone knew his name going into the draft; his tape was against D1 competition.

Still, would love to see this Diesel kid translate this physicality to the next level.
    Oh, the only comparison i was making is that they both went undrafted. The kid may be camp fodder but i looks like he has a high motor and can get after it. lets see what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    True, but you never know. He's a long shot but Miles Austin went from D3 to the Probowl.
    I thought he went to Monmouth?

+ Reply to Thread