+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

my issue with the nassib pick

the real issue i have with the pick is how far in advance we took a replacement for eli. lets assume eli has at a minimum, assuming no injuries, 6 years. By the time that nassib would take over as starter both coughlin and reese will most likely be out of the organization. I say that because of coughlins age and i cant see reese being around forever. reese is grooming a qb to fit his and toms team when nassib may never be a starter for them. most new coaches want to go out and find a qb who fits their scheme. I have serious fears that this is going to be a wasted pick and he will never be a starter for the giants. Yes he gives us some insurance and depth at QB but we lost out on a 4th round pick where 2nd round talent was evident in the 5th round and a 6th round pick with alot of very solid prospects. with carr signing his one year deal, this pick could have easily been pushed off to next year (and even that is too early).

Are we a better team with nassib behind eli rather then carr? most definitely ........are we a better team with paysinger rather then a khaseem greene? we will never know

and even if you were down on greene there was more then enough value to make the team better from day 1 and provide good depth.
    Last edited by snedd162; 04-28-2013 at 12:19 AM.

having nassib also means we will most likely have 3 QBs on the roster rather than 2, which means one less position elsewhere at a postion where we may not be that strong.

Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    having nassib also means we will most likely have 3 QBs on the roster rather than 2, which means one less position elsewhere at a postion where we may not be that strong.
    unless Carr is released..

Who says he's Eli's "replacement"? He's insurance for the moment and that's if he's even good enough to do that.