+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Did the Jets or Giants draft the better QB in this draft?

It's an interesting question. The knee-jerk answer is that the Jets did in Smith, but I don't know. Watch this guy's highlights. Practically every highlight is him tossing a 4 yard throw to Tavon Austin and then watching Austin run it for 65 yards after the catch. That's a lot of it.

Nassib has an NFL arm and a great mental makeup. Geno Smith looked dejected and pouty in the green room on Thursday night.

I'd rather have Nassib.

You?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Brown View Post
    It's an interesting question. The knee-jerk answer is that the Jets did in Smith, but I don't know. Watch this guy's highlights. Practically every highlight is him tossing a 4 yard throw to Tavon Austin and then watching Austin run it for 65 yards after the catch. That's a lot of it.

Nassib has an NFL arm and a great mental makeup. Geno Smith looked dejected and pouty in the green room on Thursday night.

I'd rather have Nassib.

You?
    Smith will play, Nassib will play with a clipboard!
    TC: My ma urged me to get out of this game. When I was a kid, she pleaded with me. And I meant to, you know what I mean? But she died.

Reese: Tough

TC: Now look at me. I'm wet nurse to a last-place, dead-to-the-neck-up ball club, and I'm choking to death!

That doesn't mean Smith is better though. The Jets are desperate. The Giants are not.

Nassib >>>> Smith

Trust me. Not just being a Cuse homer, but Nassib is 10x the QB that Smith is. You will see. Geno benifited from dumping the ball off to Austin and Bailey all game long. Plus he is a ****y, "I have already been crowned" kinda QB. NY will eat him up and spit him out. Oh, and Nassib can play in the snow and cold and wind. Smith, LOL. Wishes he was in Miami.

I also feel Nassib is better the Barkley.
    ZERO quality wins the last 2 seasons. Major changes are needed.

According to Russ Lande the Giants made the greatest pick in the history of the NFL getting Nassib. He didnt say that but if U got the #1 player in the draft in the 4th round I would assume thats what he thinks of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    According to Russ Lande the Giants made the greatest pick in the history of the NFL getting Nassib. He didnt say that but if U got the #1 player in the draft in the 4th round I would assume thats what he thinks of it.
    I woulden't mind as much if we made the playoffs last yr and could afford a luxury pick, but were not even a playoff team right now, and have Dan Connor slated to start at MLB, and Keith "cant stay healthy" Rivers playing SLB for us.. Does Reese realize we didn't make the playoffs last yr?

This pick makes NO SENSE for the Giants. With quotes from TC like " We hope he never plays" (obviously) and "Maybe in 10 years, I like the guy we have now" Why did they trade up to get a player with that kind of thinking? Arthur Brown made so much more sense than a QB for "10 years" from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    This pick makes NO SENSE for the Giants. With quotes from TC like " We hope he never plays" (obviously) and "Maybe in 10 years, I like the guy we have now" Why did they trade up to get a player with that kind of thinking? Arthur Brown made so much more sense than a QB for "10 years" from now.
    Value? To keep him away from other teams? They wanted a new backup? Options?

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Value? To keep him away from other teams? They wanted a new backup? Options?
    They got scared when Philly picked Barkley. Who i like alot, and i believe under performed because of that shoulder injury. Phillly got a guy who a top 10 pick from the beggining in Barkley, so did couldn't keep a good QB away. Plus philly has Foles too who i think will beat out Vick eventually.

Little Value compared to other needs, If we have to play the "keep him away from other teams" game, we're screwed, Carr is fine as aback up for this year, Options? LBs, LBs, LBs!!!!