+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In fact, last year, Nassib ran the ball 84 times for 142 yards while Geno ran it 66 times for 152 yards.

Geno Smith is not the "new" type QB some might think. Just simply being a black QB doesnt mean he is a running QB.

The Jets are going to regret drafting him.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

Not being Biased here at all I think Nassib is the better of the 2 QB's. Geno Smith is you typical Vick/RG3 type QB. He is to willing to run the ball and risk serious injury. Personally I feel much safer with a pocket QB over a guy like Geno Smith who is a great QB, but its the style QB he is that to me just makes him a liability. The Jets now have 6 QB's on their roster. Maybe getting some offensive weapons like WR's a TE or RB would give someone like Sanchez the ability to win games. Personally I would have taken Jeff Lacy instead of Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Value? To keep him away from other teams? They wanted a new backup? Options?
    They got scared when Philly picked Barkley. Who i like alot, and i believe under performed because of that shoulder injury. Phillly got a guy who a top 10 pick from the beggining in Barkley, so did couldn't keep a good QB away. Plus philly has Foles too who i think will beat out Vick eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by DT2012 View Post
    Not being Biased here at all I think Nassib is the better of the 2 QB's. Geno Smith is you typical Vick/RG3 type QB. He is to willing to run the ball and risk serious injury. Personally I feel much safer with a pocket QB over a guy like Geno Smith who is a great QB, but its the style QB he is that to me just makes him a liability. The Jets now have 6 QB's on their roster. Maybe getting some offensive weapons like WR's a TE or RB would give someone like Sanchez the ability to win games. Personally I would have taken Jeff Lacy instead of Smith.
    Geno Smith is nothing like RG3 or Vick. He isnt a mobile QB outside the pocket. RG3 and Vick can win a game with their legs , Geno Smith cant do that. He moves around and buys time well but he wont get outside and butcher u.

Ryan Nassib reminds me of Chad Henne personally.. I think Chad Henne was a much better prospect though.. I just don't see much more then a spot starter, hes not overly tall, he isn't exactly super accurate, and he isnt overly mobile.. He resembles Chad Henne a ton...

Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    I was saying that before we drafted him. Personally, I think that 4th round QB run took the best QBs of the class. Nassib, Wilson and Jones, in my opinion are better QBs then Smith and Barkley.
    Its not a ridiculous claim. None of these guys stood out to me. I thought EJ Manuel had horrible tape. he is very unnatural throwing the ball.I recognize his physical ability I just never thought he looked like a QB.My favorite tape of all the QB's is Tyler Wilsons 2011 season.

I would of just passed on all these QB's.. I don't think one of these QB's makes any of there teams better, and if any are forced into action, its advantage other team..

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    Ryan Nassib reminds me of Chad Henne personally.. I think Chad Henne was a much better prospect though.. I just don't see much more then a spot starter, hes not overly tall, he isn't exactly super accurate, and he isnt overly mobile.. He resembles Chad Henne a ton...
    He is short and intermediate accurate. He throws a poor deep ball and thats a big problem in the NFL. Teams will clamp down on the short stuff. If u cant beat the D over the top the offense will struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is short and intermediate accurate. He throws a poor deep ball and thats a big problem in the NFL. Teams will clamp down on the short stuff. If u cant beat the D over the top the offense will struggle
    I watched a ton of Syracuse, and u can see posts i made where i wanted to pull my hair out wathing Ryan Nassib blow wide open throws.. Even on short to intermediete throws, hes gonna have a tough time seeing over the length in the NFL and hes gotta have very clear passing lanes.. Again, i see no diffrence between Nassib and Henne.. Neither is anything to write home about, and if the giants are suck using Nassib for any length, were in trouble...

I really liked the Jets draft. They got the best CB in the draft to replace a NEED in losing Revis. An athletic DT, no injury or character issues. Then a QB who has an arm and was slated to go no.1 in the draft. Not to mention the Guard we wanted in Brian WInters, and a Hynoski type Fullback. I like the way the Jets draft, and i liked coples, wilkerson, mike de vito, Greene, Mangold all their picks, except for Sanchez of course lol.