+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question regarding Justin Tuck and David Diehl

Both players are veterans, and both have 2 Super Bowls. Both players had subpar seasons in 2012.

Yet it seems to me that most fans are willing to give Tuck a chance to bounce back, but have pretty much packed Diehl's bags and called him cab to the airport.

Just wondering why Tuck seems to be getting a mulligan, while Diehl is being written off as garbage.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

both are washed up. if anything diehl should have the edge over tuck because he has much better leadership qualities.

Diehl has been finished for the last couple of years.

Diehl seemed like he just didn't have the strength and footwork to keep up with the defenses he faced last season. I don't know that he can improve much in those areas at his age. These young guys keep getting bigger, stronger, and quicker. Tuck's issues were nagging injuries and he just seemed to have lost some of is fire which you can get back. Just my guess!

Diehl has had 2 years in a row of bad play.

In 2011, Tuck had a bad regular season but played well in the post season then sucked again in the 2012 season.

I do not think Tuck has gotten a pass. In fact, I have seen some pretty hard abuse of him in these forums lately.

Because Tuck just isn't the same.....while Diehl is absolutely terrible & Sean locklear,who wasn't even a starter before coming here, was a definite upgrade over him....that's sad

Tuck at his best was near superstar. Diehl at his best was a pretty good tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Both players are veterans, and both have 2 Super Bowls. Both players had subpar seasons in 2012.

Yet it seems to me that most fans are willing to give Tuck a chance to bounce back, but have pretty much packed Diehl's bags and called him cab to the airport.

Just wondering why Tuck seems to be getting a mulligan, while Diehl is being written off as garbage.
    Tuck plays a position that gets results and was only below average from a defenders standpoint. Diehl was just flat out bad last season. I'd give a older guy that shows flashes more of a shot than one that was just consistently bad all year.

#5 QB - Everett Golson
    Notre Dame Fighting Irish

All-Pro
    Pass? Tuck is just slightly behind Diehl as the most hated player on his team.

Veteran
    Two players who should be replaced next year. The NFC East is all about speed. We need younger faster players to be able to compete in this division.