+ Reply to Thread

Wink Decided to keep my thoughts out of the draft...and now...

I intentionally did not keep up on the draft and pre-draft hype. This year, as much as I wanted an LB in the first or at least the second round, I feel we did pretty well overall!

I think a lot of the knocks on the guards we drafted are strictly physical...something that can be overcome by training and strong fundamentals and technique. As long as their head is in the game and they have competitive desire, they can be what they want to be in this league! I like them both and I think our 7th rounder will make more impact than anyone expects!

DL at round 2 was a good choice and we have decent luck in the draft at DT...I like the size of this guy too...that alone makes him more valuable than a guy like Canty!

Our Safety looks very interesting as a third safety!

DE Moore looks interesting at 3rd round....Tuck was a 3rd rounder too!

Nassib is likely not going to make a difference on the field in games as much as he may as tradebait! Which is a good thing!

I like a few of the UDFA's too, so...

...I didn't stress myself out...the draft seemed to come more quickly and I am not disgusted with the results...We needed the Line help

I'll trust management to get the talent since they don't listen to us anyway

You have done the unthinkable, you have included the word "DRAFT" in your post and thus assuring IT WILL BE MOVED!

hungrrry, do you know if Nassib is a scrambling qb?

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    hungrrry, do you know if Nassib is a scrambling qb?
    Draft Profile:

Excerpt: "STRENGTHS

Thick-bodied arm talent who can distribute the ball at every level. Plus velocity when balanced and clean in his footwork. Strong, quick release, gets the ball out in a hurry on hitches and slants. Accurate to all parts of the field when in rhythm. Comes off initial read, can look off safety to come to the opposite side of the field. Willing to shovel the ball or make a last-ditch throw to make a play instead of taking a sack. Displays the ability to step up within the pocket or move to either side to create space to throw. Flashes air, touch, and accuracy on fades in the end zone. Puts a lot of air under deep balls, giving his man a chance to make a play. Sells play action and screens well. Places the ball on the run, especially to his right. Competitive player who directs his teammates well and does not give up on any game. Tough enough to take big hits, bull for a first down with his feet." Read more...

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profil...sib?id=2539961
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Wow! Thanks RF. Impressive, if it's all true. We could have used him in the SF game in the playoffs. "Arm talent, distributes the ball on every level" "Directs teammates well, does NOT GIVE UP on games". I like him already.

Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarie View Post
    Wow! Thanks RF. Impressive, if it's all true. We could have used him in the SF game in the playoffs. "Arm talent, distributes the ball on every level" "Directs teammates well, does NOT GIVE UP on games". I like him already.
    Don't forget to read the negatives too

Still, it sounds like a good move to me.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80